The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #26
Robert8096

Re: What was I thinking??? Ugh

Thanks everyone.
Robert8096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #27
jhcolli

Has anyone installed the low back Mendocino sets from shop4seats.com? They are 31" high from bottom to top, not counting the frame/adapter.
jhcolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:57 PM   #28
rich weyand

These are the 500 Series Highback 40-20-40 in leather. I got them from discountvantruck, but it's the same product. Stock non-tilt steering wheel. I'm 6'3", 285# (at least I was then...). I like my seatback pretty straight up because of back problems, so factor that in.

1978 K10 RCSB DD.
rich weyand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #29
jhcolli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich weyand View Post
These are the 500 Series Highback 40-20-40 in leather. I got them from discountvantruck, but it's the same product. Stock non-tilt steering wheel. I'm 6'3", 285# (at least I was then...). I like my seatback pretty straight up because of back problems, so factor that in.
I do like the headrest with those.
Posted via Mobile Device
jhcolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:42 AM   #30
TurboLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titomars View Post
Well that sucks. I was worried too as it was it took me almost a year measuring and looking at different seats. I finally went with Corbeau suspension Seats and the Corbeau seat mount kit for square body.
Mine fit perfectly slightly lower than the stock bench and same leg room a stock. I am 6-4 and 255lbs with a bad back and I fit them perfectly. oh and if you notice once i removed the sliding rear window and replaced it with a standard window the seats don't touch the window.
That looks really clean! I'm starting to consider options for my build, and now this is in the mix. Did you use the single bench bracket or the individual seat brackets from Corbeau?
2012 Harley Davidson Fatbob Custom

My build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=703077
TurboLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:41 AM   #31
Titomars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLS View Post
That looks really clean! I'm starting to consider options for my build, and now this is in the mix. Did you use the single bench bracket or the individual seat brackets from Corbeau?
Since I knew I would be going with a floor mounted console, I used the Corbeau bucket seat mounts.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #32
MikeB

What's the latest here? Is the vendor still not working with you?
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #33
Gunsails

Very cool ! I'm going for the same seats in my 1970 C10. Did you buy vinyl or leather ?
I was thinking black vinyl.
Gunsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:38 AM   #34
TurboLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titomars View Post
Well that sucks. I was worried too as it was it took me almost a year measuring and looking at different seats. I finally went with Corbeau suspension Seats and the Corbeau seat mount kit for square body.
Mine fit perfectly slightly lower than the stock bench and same leg room a stock. I am 6-4 and 255lbs with a bad back and I fit them perfectly. oh and if you notice once i removed the sliding rear window and replaced it with a standard window the seats don't touch the window.
That's looks awesome! Exactly what I'm looking to do. Except I would like to do a center console/jump seat. Any way you might know the measurement between the inside of both seats? I'm trying to figure out if I can make it work. Thanks.
2012 Harley Davidson Fatbob Custom

My build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=703077
TurboLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #35
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridironkohn View Post
I finally got my 40/20/40 seats from shop4seats for my 85 k10. When I opened them up I was very excited! They were beautiful. Black leather with midnight blue two tone in the middle of the seats. After some modification I finally had the seats installed. But as I was prepping to install them I couldn't help but think I really messed up on ordering these. I was surprised how Beefy they were. I mean I have seen high back buckets on a standard can before and I I really liked how they looked. But never actually got to sit in one with that set up. Well once I had them set in. I took a seat and tried to get done leg room....oh ****! Not good. I felt a bit cramped. Even me at 5'9 and sbout 190. First thought was...why didn't I just go with the low backs??!!!!

Here is what it looks like

As you can see the headrest is smashed against the rear window ��

So I called shop4seats who say they have a customer satisfaction garauntee. Well they would swap the high backs for low backs. But there's a catch. I can handle the fact I have to pay for shipping the old back and again for the new but a 30% restocking fee????!!!! What the hell? That's a little crazy to me considering I put in my vehicle info when ordering stating that i have a standard cab. They not only should called me to make sure that I wanted to still order the high backs knowing it wasn't recommended for standard cabs but maybe not even allow me to process the order. I take some blame sure... I failed, but they should work with me here. Because let's be honest. They can easily still use the seats minus maybe the covers. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I paid $1373 with shipping and the mounting bracket included. No way I can eat 30%....any ideas on how to approach them to waive the restocking fee?
what ever happened with your seats??????
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #36
Lancialonnie

Thumbs down Re: What was I thinking??? Ugh

I'm curious as to how this problem worked out as well I am having a problem with shop4seats and they are not going out of their way to make me happy even though the problem was caused by them! I ordered a set of 40/20/40 lowbacks for a standard cab with a center console so I could have cupholders but what they sent me has the cupholders in the very rear of the armrest so they are not useable. When i contacted them and told them what they shipped was not what was pictured on their website the admitted that they no longer offered the ones pictured and this was all they had. Also, the bracket they sold me doesn't fit right and will need to be modified. After 2 weeks of me calling them, they offered me a whole $275 refund! Since it will cost me $100 to have the bracket modified and I will have cupholders I can't use, I think I will just send them back even though I do like the seats!
Lancialonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #37
Mattchu60

I bought from shop for seats last spring - they are very good quality seats - no doubt about that. But I don't think they fit in our trucks as good as they claim.

I had issues with my bracket as well - I had to re-drill all the side mounting bolt holes as they did not line up correctly - calling them was no help for me. Also the width was off and I had to use longer bolts and stacked up washers to get them bolted down correctly.

I ended up selling my seats- losing around $350 in the process - after 4 months of trying to get comfortable with them - I could not get them to recline properly as they would hit the cab rear and they gave me back pain due to the way they were cut, they had no lower back support and would dig into the top/middle of my back. I had the 40/20/40 low backs.

In the end I went back to the stock bench and am much happier and more comfortable.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote