The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
Corte's Speed Shop

Confused by Shock Options???

I'm working on a '66 chassis and am scratching my head when it comes to options for shocks. I have cupped lower front control arms, plan on using the heavy duty CPP c-notch, 2600/2500 bags for front and rear, and have purchased a set of rear shock relocators from Boris (Way2lo2). The rear shock relocators are similar to the style CPP offers. I have the body off the chassis and when I rest the axle on the frame, it doesn't look like there's enough room for a stock type shock, and I haven't even put the notch in yet.

I've been reading the forum for the last two years or so, and have tried researching this topic for several weeks without finding any concrete info. I'm wondering what shock everyone uses when trying to put the rear axle up in the c notch. I'm looking at CPP's front shock relocation kit, and it seems the stock length shock will work for that.

There seem to be plenty of folks with this type of suspension setup, but I haven't seen anyone detail the shock info. If anyone has any links to threads with this info, or any part numbers that work for this setup, I'd greatly appreciate your input.
Corte's Speed Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
PGSigns

Re: Confused by Shock Options???

I made something like these that Rob sells. If I had of known it would have been a lot easier. http://www.nolimitengineering.com/pr...tegory=6157547
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:46 PM   #3
Robznob11

Re: Confused by Shock Options???

I have doschtec drop shocks and shock relocators from cpp with no notch and if i did notch it i would be ok. The problem is that they are shorter so if you have bags you will be fully extended on the shocks with about 40 psi and the equivalent of about a 4" drop spring space in the rear. Not a problem if you dont want to lift the rear real high at any point.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote