The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #51
TheDude

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

Has anyone in the group made a set of blue prints that are complete?
It seems there are miles of forum posts but nothing that is a good single stop reference
Also I was curious if anyone ever got an EZ it and measure it and posted the results?
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #52
47owner

I keep reading something about having to create a tunnel for the drive shaft if I want to keep all the stock parts. Can someone explain this, I plan to keep the 4.3 V6 and auto-trans.
47owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #53
rog540wag

As you know the 1947-54 has a flat floor board. In order to get a nice ride height and look you would need to mig weld a tunnel in for the transmission to have clearance on the floor pan when you lower the body down on the frame mounts. The alternative is sky high frame mounts and the frame hangs below the rocker panels. That's why the mounts in the conversion kits they sell are really tall. I really need to post some of my pictures. I will work on doing that, I spend most of my free time working on my trucks not surfing the internet.
rog540wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #54
47owner

pictures would be great. i was hoping to keep most of the S10 mechanical parts to save a little money. I want to keep the truck as a daily driver. I am a carpenter, welding is not my thing, but i think i can find someone to weld for me.
What gauge metal do you recommend for parts such as the tunnel?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #55
jason plumer

I am new on here, how do I get a hold of the guy that was selling the plans
for the s 10 frame, thanks in advance Jason
jason plumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #56
rog540wag

What did you need? I am getting ready to leave for work.

Last edited by rog540wag; 10-18-2013 at 12:10 AM.
rog540wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #57
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason plumer View Post
I am new on here, how do I get a hold of the guy that was selling the plans
for the s 10 frame, thanks in advance Jason
One of our members donated his drawings to the group to use for mount brackets a year or two that are very simple to build or have built. They set the cab up several inches off the frame giving clearance for the transmission and allowing running boards to be mounted.

As for the plans for sale on Ebay you would have to search Ebay but rather than spend 225 $$ researching the build threads in the build thread section might be quite productive. You do have to have a working imagination to make it work without drawn out blueprints though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #58
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog540wag View Post
As you know the 1947-54 has a flat floor board. In order to get a nice ride height and look you would need to mig weld a tunnel in for the transmission to have clearance on the floor pan when you lower the body down on the frame mounts. The alternative is sky high frame mounts and the frame hangs below the rocker panels. That's why the mounts in the conversion kits they sell are really tall. I really need to post some of my pictures. I will work on doing that, I spend most of my free time working on my trucks not surfing the internet.
The "sky high" mounts are to allow the running boards to be attached to the truck. You don't see any frame with the running boards on the truck. It does look pretty hokey without them that way though. A few guys have run a shorter bed on their AD trucks and set the cab right down on mounts on the S=10 frame without running boards having the bottom of the doors be the rocker panels so to speak. That may happen with one of my extra cabs and my stack of left over parts. Dead S-10's have gone from free and drag them off to being around 600 bucks or more in this area in the last six or seven years though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #59
47owner

when you say sky high, how many inches are you talking about? my build will be a daily driver. the tunnel option, does anyone have pictures of the stance for the skyhigh also for the tunnel?
Old 10-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #60
OrrieG

Not to be a spoil sport Jimmy but you might consider killing the post with the other guys instructions. Pretty sure you are violating some copyright laws, might even be something in the purchase stuff about not reproducting, etc. I deal with those types of issues with my plans more than I like and can only assume that guy might want to defend his work too.

Having said that, the concept is the same as many have used here in their build threads, just presented in one concise place and fabbed for those that do not want to mess with it.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #61
47owner

As far as copy right laws, in California, plans usually pertain to persons that are registered professionals or plans that have been properly copyrighted.

I considered purchasing those plans but i think I can get by with all the information on the various sites like this one.

What I am more interested in information on how to handle the wiring for these builds when one is keeping the original 4.3 L, in particular, the information to and from the computer that are part of the system, fuel injection, cat, throttle control, ect....