The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2016, 01:59 AM   #1
Isaiah92260

Need advice on decent audio set for driver.

I have a 63 c10. Has the original wire harness, I have installed a summit racing 3 wire 205 amp Alternator last year.

I can't stand it anymore without music, I just installed a 63 Corvair radio on the dash and want to leave it there for looks. I was thinking about converting it to a modern set up internally to accept AUX for my iPhone but there are too many different ways to do it and it just gives me anxiety and I don't have to patience to take the Corvair radio apart.

I used to have a radio in side of my 65 Vw bug glove box when I bought it years ago, the Vw is long gone now, but I am thinking about doing the same for my truck, I like the idea to keep a stereo system discrete since I daily drive my truck.

Anyways, my question is, I have no experience with audio or that capita lie set ups, terms & brands, blah bla blah.

1.) Can anyone give me a list of a stereo system parts I needs for my 63?'

Believe all I need is a decent radio, amp, 2 treble speakers, & bass? And the required wiring?

2.) What are the best places to set the speakers, and would the amp and bass fit under the seat?

When buying, should I take it to a automotive audio shop and buy the equipment from them? Or would it be too difficult of a task for them to install a stereo system in a glove box and set it up for a classic truck?

I am some what handy, so I can install it myself it isn't too difficult and with the proper guidance.

Thanks everyone.
Isaiah92260 is offline   Reply With Quote