The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
zammer
Addicted user

Re: 99' CCSB build Family Cruiser!

Great to hear you got it back, you're right about tools adding up quick . It takes years to gather them too . Hope your insurance covers most of it. Send huge cops to the local pawn shops that's where lots of that stuff ends up . Many of the trades that worked on my house said they have gotten tools back from pawn shops. Just brutal and a big pain in the ass. Good luck clearing it all up soon
Posted via Mobile Device
1970 Jimmy 4wd - future project
zammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
Glad to hear you got the Crew back with minimal damage. Really sucks about the tools & your Blazer though.

Any leads/info on the thieves?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Glad you got it back!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zammer View Post
Great to hear you got it back, you're right about tools adding up quick . It takes years to gather them too . Hope your insurance covers most of it. Send huge cops to the local pawn shops that's where lots of that stuff ends up . Many of the trades that worked on my house said they have gotten tools back from pawn shops. Just brutal and a big pain in the ass. Good luck clearing it all up soon
Posted via Mobile Device

I am really happy I got the crew back. It would've been extremely hard to replace. There just aren't many around here.
I have really good coverage on the shop, my main concern is that I won't realize something is gone and settle the claim. Leaving me on the hook to replace it. The 4-door has an agreed value insurance policy.

The truck was abandoned here in the city, so it's not like they were caught in the act. Highly unlikely that they'll be caught.
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
NEVR2LO

Awesome crew!!! YBNORML. I hope mine will be at least half as bad ass as yours. Keep up the good work! Also keep the pics coming. I'm working on a similar truck, mine is a 1999 G.M.C. crew cab short box 2 wd 3/4 ton, black with tan leather loaded. I bought the truck with a blown motor with the body in decent shape. So far i have put in a low K engine and is almost turn key. I have a bunch of parts collected for my 4/6 drop and will be doing the 1/2 ton conversion at the same time. I have one Question for you. When you swapped to 1/2 ton what did you do with the upper A-arms? Did you redrill stock tubular arms to accept 1/2 ton ball joint or did you use the upper arms from the donor truck? Thank you!

Rob

2001 G.M.C. Denali white (family Hauler)

2004 Mini Cooper electric blue (go cart that seats 4)
NEVR2LO is offline   Reply With Quote