The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2018, 07:59 AM   #26
Frnknsteen

Re: New to forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Nice truck and welcome to the forum.
That is a great combo to have...and I6 with the Power steering and power brakes options which makes it easy to drive.
Looks like it might be an automatic?...hard to tell.
you don't see may PS/PB/Auto- 6 cylinder trucks tho'.
The good news is that if you ever change over to a V-8 you will already have the 3:73/1 rear end ratio which is a nice gear to have in the back.
Do you have any pics of the interior?....you might have the highlander option?

Either way, very nice truck and welcome to the forum.

All good
Coley
Finally got the Retrosound stereo installed and the interior back together. Thought I'd post up some pics of the interior.

Coley,... What is the "Highlander Interior" and how do I know if I have it? Sorry, but while I like these years of trucks, I have a lot to learn about the different options.

Oh, ... yeah, and the 80 something Camaro steering wheel is next to go. Just have to decide what to put back in there. I found that I can order repop steering wheels, but wow are they proud of them!! $$. Need something more period correct though!
Attached Images

Frnknsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #27
ncpetersc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frnknsteen View Post
Finally got the Retrosound stereo installed and the interior back together. Thought I'd post up some pics of the interior.

Coley,... What is the "Highlander Interior" and how do I know if I have it? Sorry, but while I like these years of trucks, I have a lot to learn about the different options.

Oh, ... yeah, and the 80 something Camaro steering wheel is next to go. Just have to decide what to put back in there. I found that I can order repop steering wheels, but wow are they proud of them!! $$. Need something more period correct though!
I think "Highlander" is the plaid seats. Orange, Blue, or Avocado I think. Oops forgot grey.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=635040l

Last edited by ncpetersc; 08-14-2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added link
ncpetersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #28
Coley

Interior looks good !
As for the Highlander option, I think it was a '72 option only and it looks like you have a '71 so you might be a year early for that.
No problem tho'...it looks like your seat was redone at some point and apart from the steering wheel, it looks pretty clean and stock.
If you decide to put the seat back to stock fabric that is available from quite a few sources all in a pre-sewn and fit package.

Nice truck tho'....hard to find them in original condition like that.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #29
Frnknsteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Interior looks good !
As for the Highlander option, I think it was a '72 option only and it looks like you have a '71 so you might be a year early for that.
No problem tho'...it looks like your seat was redone at some point and apart from the steering wheel, it looks pretty clean and stock.
If you decide to put the seat back to stock fabric that is available from quite a few sources all in a pre-sewn and fit package.

Nice truck tho'....hard to find them in original condition like that.

All good
Coley
Thanks! Yeah, I thought it looked pretty clean and original. We will definitely be replacing the seat cover (and the steering wheel). It just doesn't go and was obviously recovered, or just replaced at some point.

So are the upholstery sets I see at LMC, Classic Industries, and others pretty decent, and will they be the right shade of green?

My concern is I have seen different shades of green on these, and there seems to be a couple different options,..... Light olive and dark olive, but vendors only seem to offer one "green".
Frnknsteen is offline   Reply With Quote