The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2004, 01:38 AM   #1
bwienand

Big Block in a 55?

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and this is my first thread. I used to have a 58 Chevy Pickup pickup (which I inherited from my stepdad) when I was 16. At some point when he had it, him and a friend dropped in a big block 396. Long story short, when I was 18 the brakes went out on me, and the truck got totalled. I saved the motor in hopes of one day putting it into another 55-59 pickup. Today is that day (11 years later). I just picked up a 55 chevy pickup in decent condition and would like to put the big block in it. There's one hitch... the motor mounts in the 55 look like the straight six mounts. What do I need to do to put in my big block? Is there a conversion kit out there somewhere? I'd ask my stepdad how he did it, but he ran out on my mom quite a while ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Please feel free to e-mail me at benwi958@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Ben
bwienand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:14 PM   #2
john j

Welcome to the site. If you ask Mother Truckers or Rico Bob i believe they sell some. If you what to check out some catalogs, try www.brotherstrucks.com or www.LMCtruck.com They have some. Also pick up a copy of Classic Trucks. johnj
Old 06-10-2004, 04:52 PM   #3
bwienand

Thats great! I found a conversion kit on brothers. Thanks!
bwienand is offline   Reply With Quote