The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
blazer2007

body mt - rocker panel,what is it called?

Under my 80 truck the piece that goes from body mount to rocker panel is rusted.I don,t what it is called so I can see if I can order one and is there any tips I should know about replacing it
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
tow guys

Re: body mt - rocker panel,what is it called?

Sounds like the floor support. Where is it located? Front or back? Driver or passenger? If you take a flap disc to it you will find the spot welds the factory used to install it. You could drill those out and replace with a new pc. If it's not totally rotten, you could cut away rot and patch with new metal that way also. I had a couple on my truck that were bad and did both. I can tell ya from experience, I wish I had replaced the whole thing.
tow guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
blazer2007

Re: body mt - rocker panel,what is it called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow guys View Post
Sounds like the floor support. Where is it located? Front or back? Driver or passenger? If you take a flap disc to it you will find the spot welds the factory used to install it. You could drill those out and replace with a new pc. If it's not totally rotten, you could cut away rot and patch with new metal that way also. I had a couple on my truck that were bad and did both. I can tell ya from experience, I wish I had replaced the whole thing.
All of them are getting rust,I,ll do the whole part,easier I hope.I just needed to know what to call the part when I go shopping
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote