The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
AceX
>130dB Moderator

New Wilwod D52 Caliper!

I was off doing some research for another project and came across THIS little jewel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwood.com
The D52 caliper is a direct bolt-on 2 piston replacement for the factory original single calipers on many 1968-96 GM Passenger Vehicles and Trucks. Forged billet aluminum bodies, stainless steel pistons, and competition style high-temperature seals put and end to the rust, bore pitting, and seal failures that plague the OE caliper design. D52 calipers provide low-maintenance performance and a huge weight savings with high temperature reliability for the street and track.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
GVizzle

Re: New Wilwod D52 Caliper!

Those look pretty nice.

My Wilwood SL6R's just arrived and I cant wait to see how they perform and look on the truck.
GVizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I think that's a new on that my buddy told me about. If so, they just released it. Wilwood show shows them at 178.00 but Jegs has it listed at 164.99.

Not a bad looking upgrade for stock rotors.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
VA72C10
VA72C10

So you'd get a larger contact area of these for front and the 1.25's for the rear if you're doing 4 wheel discs?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
jeffspower
Well, Whoop-dee-do!

I've been searching brake upgrades and found these a while back too. I really want to put a set on the front of my K20, along with drilled & slotted rotors, EBC yellow pads and a hydraboost.

But my wallet says NO for now

'72 K20 500 Cad/TH400/NP205 SOLD

'92 Chevy 2500 6.5 mech TD 4L80E crusty daily driver

'72 Monte Carlo... sweet low mile toy

'11 Dodge Challenger IE 392 6spd... midlife car
jeffspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
AceX
>130dB Moderator

I'll be getting a set just after Christmas. I'll post up a review once I'm done thrashing on them.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Makes me curious which one of these are better?

http://www.performanceonline.com/sto...at=1294&page=3

Price on these are $250 for the pair. Wonder if the Wilwood are worth the extra cost or just more for the name.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
smashingchuck
It'd be alot cooler if you did

Just to verify, is the price on these for a pair, or for one?

4Runner Build
smashingchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
Twisted Minis

Based on the price of other Wilwood stuff that is for a single caliper, and no pads. I think this is the same caliper we just ordered for a 69 'Vette that's in the shop.

Ace let me know before you order yours. My supplier for Wilwood can usually beat Summit/Jegs prices.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Sounds good Seth. BTW, I only get 1 day off this week, so if you need me to run those parts down there, let me know.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
Twisted Minis

I'm actually trying to get some Q-Logic kick panels for the truck to make the install easier before we do the install. Trying to sell the spindles that didn't fit in his wheels so we can buy them for him with no money out of his pocket. And I'm also still up to my ass in the VW Double Cab.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #12
Scottshotrods

All board members call us up at
Scotts we can beat summit or jegs
on all wilwood prices.
Justin
www.scottshotrods.com
(805)485-0382
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #13
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Minis View Post
I'm actually trying to get some Q-Logic kick panels for the truck to make the install easier before we do the install. Trying to sell the spindles that didn't fit in his wheels so we can buy them for him with no money out of his pocket. And I'm also still up to my ass in the VW Double Cab.
Sounds like fun. Just let me know when you got some time and I'll make time. Do you need me to try and grab some RCA's and additional wiring? I picked up a new fuse block that I'm gonna try and do some work with as son as I get the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods
on all wilwood prices.
Justin
www.scottshotrods.com
(805)485-0382
Sweet, now we all know where to get our Christmas presents from!

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

Old 12-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
on all wilwood prices.
Justin
www.scottshotrods.com
(805)485-0382
Since your phone number is not toll free, why don't you post up the price or list it on your web site?

As a consumer, I shouldn't have to pay to find out a price. If you can't post up the actual price, post up the difference over Summit or Jegs pricing (like $25 less than Summit, etc.).
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #15
Scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_mike View Post
Since your phone number is not toll free, why don't you post up the price or list it on your web site?

As a consumer, I shouldn't have to pay to find out a price. If you can't post up the actual price, post up the difference over Summit or Jegs pricing (like $25 less than Summit, etc.).
Sorry if I pissed ya off by offering deals to site members, though it seems I have

I can not post a price on Wilwood products since they have MAP pricing. However I can tell you that I can sell them for what ever price I see fit so long as I don't advertise it and I will save you guys at least $25.00 over the Jegs or summit pricing.

Honestly though, who pays for toll calls anymore? I thought that all went the way of long distance providers and such. But if ANYONE want's to give me a ring and place an order, I'll discount you the price of the phone call
Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #16
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Thanks for the great offer Justin. Your dedication to our forum doesn't always get the appreciation it deserves.

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 12-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #17
Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Thanks for the great offer Justin. Your dedication to our forum doesn't always get the appreciation it deserves.

x2
If I can save money, support a board vendor, and get the product I want, that's worth a call.

I will say for the person not wanting to make a non toll free call, there are many requirments vendors have to fulfill to maintain thier privelage to be a vendor of a certain company.

Having worked for a company that manufactures and sells components for GM Muscle cars, it can be a cutthroat business so a vendor such as Scott'sHotRods may have to walk a fine line of giving the customer what they demand while not upsetting thier suppliers.

Not trying to beat anyone up, just trying to help others understand.
Test Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
bruce bruce

Quote:

I PMed them and the shot me a price right back. SD to LA couldn't cost much.
bruce bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #19
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Makes me curious which one of these are better. Price on these are $250 for the pair. Wonder if the Wilwood are worth the extra cost or just more for the name.
The difference I see is the piston size. The POL calipers have dual 47 MM pistons. The Wilwoods have 1.25" pistons. The 47MM piston converts to 1.86 (rounded up) for a total piston surface of 3.72. The Wilwoods combined piston surface area is 2.50. Unless the POL 47MM size quoted is both pistons combined, they have the advantage in size and price.

Justin- Are you a dealer for POL? Can you work with us on their price?

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 12-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
Scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
The difference I see is the piston size. The POL calipers have dual 47 MM pistons. The Wilwoods have 1.25" pistons. The 47MM piston converts to 1.86 (rounded up) for a total piston surface of 3.72. The Wilwoods combined piston surface area is 2.50. Unless the POL 47MM size quoted is both pistons combined, they have the advantage in size and price.

Justin- Are you a dealer for POL? Can you work with us on their price?
We are not a dealer for pol sorry about that.We have tested these calipers
on a truck and the caliper does work 100% better than stock.The caliper
does clear a 14 inch wheel if needed.We do have these in stock and can
ship out in 24 hrs or less.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #21
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
Sorry if I pissed ya off by offering deals to site members, though it seems I have

I can not post a price on Wilwood products since they have MAP pricing. However I can tell you that I can sell them for what ever price I see fit so long as I don't advertise it and I will save you guys at least $25.00 over the Jegs or summit pricing.

Honestly though, who pays for toll calls anymore? I thought that all went the way of long distance providers and such. But if ANYONE want's to give me a ring and place an order, I'll discount you the price of the phone call
Sorry if the tone came off wrong. I was only saying that you said "call us up" and gave a number and web site address. For me, to call you I would need to do so from work and I get zero cell coverage in our building, so I can't use my personal phone. Our work phones block any long distance (even local long distance) unless we put in a code, which then gets reported to our manager and will be questioned.

If you said to PM you for pricing, that would have been what I would have done but I do follow directions at first and you said to call you.

I understand that pricing is sometimes a touch subject with vendors/suppliers and can understand not posting it. As for your general pricing of $25 or more off Summit/Jeg's, that gives me the ballpark I would need to know. Thanks for supporting the site and giving deals to members.

Hope no feathers were ruffled.