The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Crush

WIW - '79 "project"

I have come to the conclusion that I need to get rid of my '79 project as I just do not have the time/desire to finish it.

I know I will never even come close to getting out of it what I have in it, and thus turn to you guys with getting a realistic value on what i should ask for it.

I will not be offended by replies....but am looking for serious responses as I need to try to sell it as soon as possible in order to save on storage costs.

Here's the details:

THE GOOD

1979 C10 with clean title

Body - is 100% solid (only rust is surface rust in the bed, I was going to have it Line-X'd....so some bare metal spots from body work has some surface rust...nothing serious) and was painted about 3 years ago. Has GM NOS hood/hinges/springs, Tailgate, Inner fenders and grill supports. Everything else is original and rust free. Drip rails, mirror holes and stake pockets have been shaved.

Suspension - Bell Tech 2" Spindle with a 3" coil, Flip Kit with bolt in c-notch and shakles on the rear. Front has brand new Doetsch Tech shocks, rear has none.

Wheels/tires - 20x8 and 20x9.5 American Racing TTII's with 255/40/20 and 295/40/20 Firestone Wide Ovals. Front tires could be replaced, rears look like new. (these came off of my K5)

Misc info -
** The truck will come with a 10 bolt 2.08 rear and factory front discs (I will be removing the current SSBC brake package and replacing with the setup from the K5) and a new Booster.

** I have all the glass except the front windshield (had it but it was chipped, so tossed it since I knew I'd be replacing). I also have SPAL power window and lock kits that I could throw in for a nominal amount

**Truck currently has a Fuel Cell mounted in the rear under the bed

**have lots of misc. seals, gaskets, felts, etc....

** All trim pieces are brand new, lens' are all new, and currently has Zoops Tri-Bar Blue Dot headlights. Currently does not have a grill, as i was undecided if I was going to do a billet grill or not.

THE BAD

** The paint is three years old, and has a few nicks and scratches from being in garage/storage, but can be matched (PPG Aston Martin Cumberland Grey).

** The drivers side bed was damaged during transport (caught a ramp on the trailor and kicked up the bed in front of the rear tire. It's fixable, but needs work.

** The passenger side bed was scrapped against the storage unit while loading on the flat bed in the pic....should be any easy "match" to repaint the samll area.

** There is ZERO interior. I do have the factory Tach Dash Cluster that will go with it, but that is it other than the steering column.

** NO MOTOR OR TRANS as I will be pulling them prior to it being For Sale (I will consider a package deal....but doubt anyone would want the motor/tranny for what I would need to get out of it)

That's it...need serious replys......here's a bad cell phone pic of it on the flatbed...I'll try to get better ones this weekend.

Thanks Guys....

Old 10-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Crush

Re: WIW - '79 "project"

see lots of "views" but no replies....

again...I promise I do not have an inflated perception of what I will ask for it...if anything I'm worried I'm underpricing it

any opinions?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Albatrossian
Georgia Boy

I'd say with no engine/trans/interior, probably no more than 2k..
Albatrossian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Here is what I see on these in my area:
With no motor/trans or interior or windshield I can tell you around here it would be no more than $1000. I know you have more in it, but you would get more if it was running, or "close" to running with a motor/trans.

I would drop the tach dash on here for sale and not included it.

What were you hoping to get out of it...
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Richard D

Probably be better to sell the wheels separatly.
Richard D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
Crush

I was looking to try to get $2000-2500 as a whole piece.

Here's what I had in mind if I were to "part it out"

I thoguht I had the wheels sold a few times, but the deals did not work out...and for good reason. But I feel I can get $1300 out of the wheels.

The Tach Cluster I guess I can sell seperately...dunno what they go for.

If I could get teh thing on plain jane rollers then I was hoping to get about $1000 out of it. But for that amount I'd keep the "extra" parts and either use them or sell them off by piece.

Like I said....I don't think they were "inflated expectations"....but was curious to see if I was completely off target.

i could always list it on Mautofied at $5000 and see what someone would trade me for it...:lol
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Crush

and a big Thanks for the replys guys...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Square84
I don't think these pills work

a frien of mine has a complete 81 shorty bagged painted flat black all the interioir is in it and new has the holleyprojection fuel injection on it and it runs and has 20's and he is asking 3500 for it and is having trouble selling it. if it were mine i would throw some stock wheels on it and put it up for 700-1000. but that just my opinion based on my area.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
Shane
Account Suspended

I'm very interested in the wheels pending shipping costs to 35611. PM me if you interested in talking.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
spudz

Keep the wheels, sell the rest with all the parts for 1500...see no problem getting that for it with all the work you have put into it.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
Eighty-6

put me in line for the wheels after Shane. PM me if he passes.

Last edited by Eighty-6; 10-02-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Eighty-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Crush

nevermind...

thanks guys

Last edited by Crush; 10-03-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote