The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #26
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

Re: What’s with some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I see some have given replies on this question when it appears to be directed to the one who started the thread.
Not sure what he did but I sent a perfectly working speedo, spun nice and free.
When I got it back it would NOT turn at all
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:58 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roady’s truck View Post
This is really just a question with no meaning or Innuendo intended.

How do you ruin or screw up a speedometer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 CST Short Wide View Post
Not sure what he did but I sent a perfectly working speedo, spun nice and free.
When I got it back it would NOT turn at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
1.Incorrect cable length at speedometer end. If it is too long, it will force the magnetic gear into the speed cup.

2. Cable casing is loose at speedometer head. Not allowing proper engagement will also damage the speedometer main frame.
Ok, now that I put things in order, does this sound like a thing that could be caused by 1 or 2? I respect T-Bone's contribution as a knowledgeable dash/gauge guy who would know.

Not that this changes anything about how 70 CST SW feels (or should, would, or could feel). But would be good learning from a bad experience. I've never done either, so wouldn't know.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #28
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
I joined this group back in 2002 because it was Guys with trucks helping Guys with trucks. Lately it’s been How much money can I get from you OR you don’t your ass from a hole in the ground. My last two deals on here were BAD.
1st one - I sold a nice Tach dash to a guy and after he distoryed the speedo he wanted his $ back and PayPal backed him , sent a perfect replacement and he distoryed that one too. Got it back and put another speedo in it and sold it for more $. Next- needed a Clutch pedal and after agreeing to pay his price I noticed the braket on the end was missing, when I asked if he had the rest of the pedal he said “ Ya for another $7 I’ll throw it in the box” are you kidding me!! Told him if $7 is that big of deal I’ll send it. Must have made him think, he put it in the box no extra charge. Come on People enjoy the experience
Seems to be where ever you go these days
😕

What happened to helping a guy out
I hate it for you. You have always been nice, sent items etc.. keep the faith and post the deals in review
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:27 PM   #29
Tom
driving is in my blood

Quote:
I joined this group back in 2002 because it was Guys with trucks helping Guys with trucks. Lately it’s been How much money can I get from you OR you don’t your ass from a hole in the ground.
I think it goes hand in hand with the declining post counts and visitors of web forums in general, people these days get offended over the most ridiculous things. Everyone feels entitled, me me me. My point of view is all that matters, I just wanna make money etc. Freaking kids.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:55 PM   #30
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I think it goes hand in hand with the declining post counts and visitors of web forums in general, people these days get offended over the most ridiculous things. Everyone feels entitled, me me me. My point of view is all that matters, I just wanna make money etc. Freaking kids.
I'm offended that you think my kids are entitled.

I know how you feel, to be honest. There are a few places on the internet like this one, that people mostly act grown up.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote