The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
RedRaven

I promised more pictures!

Hey All!

I managed to get to work before it got too dark, so I snapped a handful of pictures. Hopefully they come out ok, you can see everything is in good shape (Yet again, for a 1970 truck) and the one major spot of rust I have noticed (Driver side door sill, thinking it is a typical spot for rust).

Pretty sure it is rocking an Edelbrock 1406 carb, it's the only one I can really find for this year of the 350 V8. It starts first turn of the key every time so far (Since Thursday at least, no hesitation at all)

So enjoy my middle finger to environmentalists, as this is my daily driver, and hopefully once I pay it off I can start putting together a build progression thread on it.
Attached Images

RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
buddylj1990

Re: I promised more pictures!

nice truck
buddylj1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
RedRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddylj1990 View Post
nice truck
Thanks man, it's definitely a starting point, gonna be a few years of slow work on it but in the end I want it to be nice and last for another 40+ years.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
msgdsrf

This is the the envirimental thing to do! A Prius can't run clean enough to make up for it's having to be manufactured, this already was. So enjoy and know your helping too!
msgdsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgdsrf View Post
This is the the envirimental thing to do! A Prius can't run clean enough to make up for it's having to be manufactured, this already was. So enjoy and know your helping too!
True. And, helping the local economy because the metal isn't getting scrapped and sent to China, and local parts stores will get business to keep the truck on the road
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
In The Ten Ring

Looks like an old contractor's truck. I hope the build goes smooth for you. :-) Keep us posted with pics.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

That's a decent C/20. Good color combo

I care about the environment because it's where I live. Like a dog doesn't (you know what) where it sleeps. AND,I've always driven these trucks in very good conscience. Anyone who takes such a narrow minding view of what they feel is good or bad for the environment needs to look at the total picture and stop focusing on the pin-pointed one sided aspect they choose to base their opinion on. A Prius has it's place and so do good old trucks. It's like people who build their dream house out in the country next to a 100 year old dairy farm,then file petitions to have the farm shut down because of the smell of cow manure.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-17-2013 at 08:07 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
RedRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's a decent C/20. Good color combo

I care about the environment because it's where I live. Like a dog doesn't (you know what) where it sleeps. AND,I've always driven these trucks in very good conscience. Anyone who takes such a narrow minding view of what they feel is good or bad for the environment needs to look at the total picture and stop focusing on the pin-pointed one sided aspect they choose to base their opinion on. A Prius has it's place and so do good old trucks. It's like people who build their dream house out in the country next to a 100 year old dairy farm,then file petitions to have the farm shut down because of the smell of cow manure.
Oh trust me, I agree and I do view the whole picture. I just say it more as a joke (since I am sure that is what some of those pin point minded environmentalists would say) That being said, I am getting about 10.5 MPG in this thing so far but I drive it easy and it isn't loaded down.

Now the down side, I might have just lost my current job..... I came into work last night, couldn't sign into the program they use to track our time and when I sign into our company page to view paystubs (Because I was needing to check a few things) I find out I had a paycheck printed for me over a week before our actual next payday....

So this project might end up on the wayside, we shall see for sure though.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I was talking about an environmentalist knocking us for driving old trucks. I sure hope you didn't lose your job. Nothing worse. It isn't right you'd have to be guessing. It's only right that something should have been said before you came in and saw what makes you wonder. At least you don't have a Prius payment

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
bigmac73

[QUOTE=RedRaven;6271754]Hey All!

Pretty sure it is rocking an Edelbrock 1406 carb, it's the only one I can really find for this year of the 350 V8. It starts first turn of the key every time so far (Since Thursday at least, no hesitation at all)

If I remember right Summit used to sell replacement refreshed quadrajets,
Progression Ignition /Holley 750 DP/3:73 gear Eaton Limited Slip unit / 2 1/2 exhaust glasspacks
bigmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
RedRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I was talking about an environmentalist knocking us for driving old trucks. I sure hope you didn't lose your job. Nothing worse. It isn't right you'd have to be guessing. It's only right that something should have been said before you came in and saw what makes you wonder. At least you don't have a Prius payment
LOL Yeah no kidding, although I still have a small payment left on this beast (Only $750 bucks, but still....... Kinda worried how I am going to pay that off now if I have lost my job.)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
RedRaven

[quote=bigmac73;6273345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaven View Post
Hey All!

If I remember right Summit used to sell replacement refreshed quadrajets,
I will be honest with you, I am actually enjoying this Edelbrock. Don't get me wrong I would love to take everything back to stock (Or if the money was there, breath some more HP and fire into the engine itself) but this carb has yet to cause any issues whatsoever so I will run this one until something different comes around or I need to replace something.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
JointTech

that truck in its entire life; Even including the oil changes that got dumped in the oil spot at the back of the yard and the radiator flush and fills you did in the driveway, wont create as much crap in the environment as a prius.

The manufacturing process of that battery, as well as all the fossil fuels burned to create the electricity which charges those batteries, plus the absolute nightmare of having that 1000 pound battery in the landfill in 10 years.

Your truck is pretty much a dirty hippie on a recumbant bicycle compared to a prius. Dont let the tree huggers scare you. they are stupid and brain washed.
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote