The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Sony

Well I went yesterday and bought a Sony radio for the truck with bluetooth. I have it hooked up and with the Iphone apps I can controll everything from my phone. Pretty cool with hands free talking and all the sounds come through the radio. I just have to figure everything out now.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Blue97

Re: Sony

I have been looking at Sony lately, how do you like the BT since you've had it....
Blue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
_Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I just have to figure everything out now.
probably has a 300 page manual written in 6 different languages on every page
after 5 yrs i still have to get the manual out to set the time on mine
some times those japanese to engrish translations can throw you a curve

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ok Andy....don't get PC on me for asking this, cuz I mean it out of genuine curiosity and no malice; Why did you upgrade your stereo, when I thought you couldn't hear?

Does it help with the clarity to help you hear the audio? Sorry if thats a dick question, but you know I mean it the right way.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Ok Andy....don't get PC on me for asking this, cuz I mean it out of genuine curiosity and no malice; Why did you upgrade your stereo, when I thought you couldn't hear?

Does it help with the clarity to help you hear the audio? Sorry if thats a dick question, but you know I mean it the right way.
BR3W CITY,

No offese taken man!
I just now saw this thread and saw where you guy's have posted.
First off when listening to the old system I couldn't hear the phone ring and I missed several calls I needed to answer.
2nd this one automatically turns the music off and answer's the phone with no hands just say hello.
3rd it's comes out of all the front speakers so I can hear it even with the windows down at speed. The other end gets a lot of wind noise from that thoe so I roll them up pretty quick. Even with the windows up in the truck talking with the phone to my ears it was hard to understand people.

4th I'm about to order new hearing aids $5500.00 and they are bluetooth also so my Iphone will play straight through to them according to my doctor. This will also answer the phone to like the radio. This has nothing to do with the upgrade though! Lol...

I also broke the old radio taking it out to do some work on the front speakers I installed. They where rattling pretty bad so I had to do some more moding and while I was modding I broke the old radio mount off!

Blue97,
I like it for what it is and it was nice on the Power Tour. There where several states now that don't allow cell phone use while driving inless it's hands free so it was nice. it works up to about 20 feet from the truck.

_Ogre ,
yes I still have to read the manual to figure everything out.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
_Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Why did you upgrade your stereo, when I thought you couldn't hear?
i lived in morganton nc for 16 yrs, they have one of the best schools for the deaf in the nation
a friend of mine's son was 100% deaf and had one of the biggest stereo i have ever seen, in his jeep
he loved to feel the beat and rhythm
no mid range or tweeters for this kid

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Smile Re: Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
i lived in morganton nc for 16 yrs, they have one of the best schools for the deaf in the nation
a friend of mine's son was 100% deaf and had one of the biggest stereo i have ever seen, in his jeep
he loved to feel the beat and rhythm
no mid range or tweeters for this kid
By all accounts I'm deaf. I can hear some! According to the doctors I go to I lost a lot of speach frequencies. Each word has it's own frequency and some well most of them I have lost so when people are talking it's like they are studdering and skipping words to me + every one wisper's too! The hearing adds help but are not 100%

This is one reason I like the boards I'm on I can talk with people and see what they write and know for sure what they are saying instead of guessing are having to ask several times what they said.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: Sony

I went and bought $5200.00 worth of hearing aids last week and I can hear again pretty good with them. They are Blue tooth also so I don't even need the radio anymore in the truck. I can listen to my music straight into my ears with them and get phone calls too!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club