The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
Woodyboat

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Crew Cabs Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
My '88 454/auto with Choo Choo Customs conversion after some detailing and swapping on P30 19.5's. I like it, but I'll probably sell it and find a stick shift crew cab to build. I want to build a 73-74 SRW SBCC with a LS/T56 swapped in.

Sorry if I wreck the thread but I have to just say that... I LOVE the Porsche Alloys on that vert! Back in the 1970s and early 1980s, I was a huge VW pervert! Always lusted after a genuine set of Porshe Fuchs but never had the pennies. The coolest vehicle I ever owned was a 1965 Type 2 double cab.

I was at first trying to decide it your convertable was a 64, 65 or a 66. But now that I think about it, I don't remember any external visual cues to tell. Can't tell from this distance. I think they were all the same... RIGHT?

Now days, I have my '86 Big Dually that goes down the road just a little better than my old doublecab. LOL
Woodyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #2
rvrfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyboat View Post
Sorry if I wreck the thread but I have to just say that... I LOVE the Porsche Alloys on that vert! Back in the 1970s and early 1980s, I was a huge VW pervert! Always lusted after a genuine set of Porshe Fuchs but never had the pennies. The coolest vehicle I ever owned was a 1965 Type 2 double cab.

I was at first trying to decide it your convertable was a 64, 65 or a 66. But now that I think about it, I don't remember any external visual cues to tell. Can't tell from this distance. I think they were all the same... RIGHT?

Now days, I have my '86 Big Dually that goes down the road just a little better than my old doublecab. LOL
I have vws too. 65 ghia, 66 bug, 56 oval bug 2165 motor pro street trans.
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
Woodyboat

I know that there is still a tremendous amount of interest out there on the left coast. But here in TN, not so much. ...or I should say, it's spread more thin and not as easy to find fellow VW enthusiasts. And there are for sure not many cars for sale.

I don't really know how I got away from VWs. My life just took a different turn and I went a different direction. Still... I feel the pull of my heart strings when I see cool Cal Look dubs.
Woodyboat is offline   Reply With Quote