The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
chris mc bride

astro parts in a panel

Im working on restoring nd retroing my 1969 panel. I have a 1995 astro van sitting here that Im thinking of robbing rear folding seat and rear ac off of.I have a/c unit off of 2006 dodge ram pickup that im going to be working in to the project(because its free and the one on my 2005 ram will freeze your butt). Wondering if anyone else has used astro parts in there panel or if you see problem with this that I can't forsee yet.I plan on making rear seat fold forward and be romovable just like it was in astro,this will alllow me to keep hauling room when needed..
Im planing complete redo of inside including covered panels for sides,with fold out compartments and a cool amp mounting with accent lighting. Will have some oak molding also plus oak flooring in rear. Since currant plans are for med blue with dark gray two tone exterrior,Im thinking light gay interior with maybe some black or dark blue inserts. still up in air on color combo.
Any one see reason to have 3rd seat I have it also. figuring the lack of side galss would make it kind of useless. Thought about making sides fold out and together in rear to form bed for going to bike rallys.Heck when your half drunk you can sleep most anywhere,old ladys differant matter.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
low'n slow
Too Dumb To Know Better

Re: astro parts in a panel

[QUOTE=chris mc bride;4755179] Since currant plans are for med blue with dark gray two tone exterrior,Im thinking light gay interior with maybe some black or dark blue inserts.

I'm not sure a "light gay" interior would hold up. You might want to go with something a little more robust

Actually the light grey interior/blue exterior looks very nice. Good luck with it.

I'm also curious about mounting your Astro back seat to a wooden deck. Would the seatbelts hold if there was an unfortunate accident?
low'n slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
chris mc bride

Re: astro parts in a panel

As for seatbelts on wooden floor I'm using oak and not realy concerned about seatbelt ,due in part to strenght of oak and I don't wear seatbelt nor do most my freinds if you have kids I guess it could be more of concern.
As for seat mounting to wooden floor I plan to fabricate a plate that allows it to bolt over two of the floors rails.You might could do same under floor for seat belt attachment points if concerned.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote