The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > 99+ Chevy and GMC Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
Jim85IROC

Truck Carpet group purchase

I've decided to try organizing a group purchase for carpet. I just recently became a supporting vendor, and I want to see how this goes.

Here's a description copied from one of my earlier posts about the carpet:

Carpet: I used to sell ACC carpet, but I found out the hard way that it's just not a great product. I've got it in my GTA and it faded badly within two years... noticable within one. A lot of other guys have had their gray carpet turn green, and their black carpet turn green too. For my Camaro I started looking for better options, and I found another manufacturer that has a much better product. The Cut Pile carpet is thicker and more plush than ACC, and it won't fade so badly. Fortunately, it's around the same price as the ACC stuff too.

I built a web page to show the models that are eligible for this group purchase, along with pricing. Pricing is broken down into 3 group purchase levels: 10-19 buyers, 20-29 buyers, and 30+. This obviously means that the more people who join the group purchase, the cheaper the product is. Since this GP is for all generation trucks, hopefully enough people will join in to make the savings better.

There are 4 different types of carpet available, 80/20 Rayon/nylon loop, 100% nylon loop, Cut Pile, and Premium Cut Pile. The first three are all the same price and account for the first set of prices. The premium cut pile costs more, so it has its own pricing structure. The 80/20 is what most pre-74 vehicles came with, and is a good choice for your stock restoration. The 100% nylon loop looks very similar, but because it's nylon, it holds a tighter loop and doesn't get as "fuzzy" over time. This carpet has less colors available, but may provide a texture that some people prefer. The standard Cut Pile is similar to the stock carpet in newer vehicles, except that since the Dorsett carpet is higher quality, it's thicker and much more consistant than either OEM or ACC Cut Pile. This carpet is great for a daily driver, or an older vehicle that you're upgrading for a more modern looking interior. The premium cut pile is even thicker, with a denser concentration of material. This is a great carpet for a show truck.

I will be happy to field any questions on this forum or through email (jim85iroc@yahoo.com).

What I would like to try is to develop a deadline for commited buyers. For now let's say May 12. That gives potential buyers 2 weeks to decide if they'd like to participate. By this time I'd like to have a finalized list of those who intend to buy so that we'll know how many buyers we have, and what the corresponding pricing will be. Once we draw the line, the pricing will be finalized, and payments will be due within 2 weeks. That way the order can go out on May 26th. Since this is my first GP here and I don't know how receptive everybody will be to the GP, dates may need to be adjusted to accomodate members. We'll take that as it comes.

Oh yeah, here's the website I threw together:
http://www.iroczone.com/jim/carpet/TruckGP.htm
Please ignore the deadline date on the site.

Take a look at it and please let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thanks
--Jim
My Sounddomain Page
Old 05-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Jim85IROC

Re: Truck Carpet group purchase

If you guys have any questions, PM me or check out the post in the 67-72 classified forum. All of the threads except that one haven't really gone anywhere, so I may not get to them as often to check them.
My Sounddomain Page
Old 05-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Truck Carpet group purchase

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=197633 to discuss the purchase
Closed Thread