The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
Bongo68

Aftermarket radiator mounts

Hello everyone! First post . Bought a aluminium radiator from summit that was suppose to be a direct replacement for a 68 c10 327. Its a 3 row with trans cooler ports on the passenger side, we have a manual. Anyway, my bad for not doing my homework. Question is, the sides of this rad are bigger and the stock mounts are to narrow. Anyone do any custom work on their mounts. Pics please, to get the creative juices flowing. Thanks.
Bongo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:07 PM   #2
RichardJ

Re: Aftermarket radiator mounts

I bought the Cold Case radiator and ran into the same problem.
I got the rubbers and bottom brackets from the Truck Shop. If I recall, the bottoms were a lot cheaper at the time. I could have modified the bottoms, but wasn't sure how wide to make them. I cut my top brackets open and lengthened to the width of the new bottoms.
Attached Images

RichardJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo68 View Post
Hello everyone! First post . Bought a aluminium radiator from summit that was suppose to be a direct replacement for a 68 c10 327. Its a 3 row with trans cooler ports on the passenger side, we have a manual. Anyway, my bad for not doing my homework. Question is, the sides of this rad are bigger and the stock mounts are to narrow. Anyone do any custom work on their mounts. Pics please, to get the creative juices flowing. Thanks.
Let me be the first to say
Check out the search function, perhaps in the engine and drivetrain section of the forum.
Brian

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #4
Wrenchbender Ret

I bought some new rubbers & they were much thicker then the originals. I cut them down.
George
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
Bongo68

Thanks guys. I did get some from LMC and they were thicker as well. My problem is the length of the rubber, if I make the mount longer. I'll figure something out. There's always bailing wire.
Bongo68 is offline   Reply With Quote