The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
72step

Who makes the best quality rubber floor mat

I've hea rd that nobody makes rubber floor covering for our trucks that looks original. With that said who makes the best quality rubber floor for a 4spd high jump 65 c10?
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
theastronaut

Re: Who makes the best quality rubber floor mat

Haven't tried one for a C10 but Auto Custom Carpets has a quality black vinyl mat. We used one in a '66 F100 and it fit great.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
72step

Thanks astronaut. I was just reading a install thread on this board where they used the MIP Rubber mat from stockinteriors. End result looked good but looks like an extreme nightmare to install. Theres no way i'll be able to install that at this time of year. I'm starting to think about installing carpet instead. I wanted a stock look because my truck is a basic 230CI 4spd original truck but damn I am not one to have the know how to make that vinyl mat look good. It looks to me like you have to mold it around all the parts of the floor. The question is what color as my truck outside is Nassau blue and white as seen in my avatar and I'm keeping my original fawn interior.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
spacedebris

One thing to consider before making your final decision is what will the truck be used for? If it is going to be an occasional driver or weekend cruiser, then carpet would be a good choice. However if it is going to be a hunting/fishing trip truck or a "work" truck and actually used in the rain, mud, dust, and dirt then carpet may not be the best choice. Putting carpet in my GMC Jimmy was a decision I almost instantly regretted as I could never get it clean and I was constantly having to put in a fan or heater to dry the dumb thing out.

Another option for you may be truck bed spray/roll on liner. It can be put in smooth (slight texture) and then put in universal mats. The slight texture of the liner will keep the mats from sliding around and be simple to blow or wash out and still protect the floor. This is the option I'm leaning toward with my panel. Especially since my floor/firewall no longer even resembles stock
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
CRGRS 66

I would recommend that you look at markeb01's build thread, it is not indexed, and it has a ton of pages, butseems to me that Mark installed a rubber floor mat sometime inthe last year or so, and of course as with everything Mark does it was incredibly detailed by him in his thread, and it was a primo installation.

Hope this helps, his thread should be easy to find in the build threads section.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
theastronaut

Pics of the ACC mat in the F100. Fit great and no wrinkles.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
joedoh

I can confirm that stockinteriors gets their products from ACC mats, I just talked to them yesterday about it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #8
earl84

From another thread I had responded about a weird fold at the top of the transmission hump and extra bulk around the gas pedal. I hope that all didn't scare you away from doing this. I had Peel n' Seal, then some of this http://lobucrod.com/ then the jute padding that came with the mat, and I strongly suspect that the extra at the gas pedal was from that. I was able to work it out with a heat gun and some weights to hold it in place while it cooled, fits fine there now. The rest of it, while a little bit of a pain, wasn't really hard to do, just took some time. I was in too much of a hurry and made a few bad cuts, but the mat itself is awesome, and I highly recommend it.
earl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #9
grlshf

Has anyone bought and installed vinyl (as opposed to carpet or rubber) from Auto Carpet and Floors? They claim to offer “top quality Original Equipment products for your vehicle.“ The original vinyl flooring in my 65 GMC is serviceable but has a small tear and the attachment holes are elongated. The truck is largely OEM and I'm restoring it w/ that in mind. Gary

Last edited by grlshf; 01-08-2015 at 12:32 PM.
grlshf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #10
theastronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlshf View Post
Has anyone bought and installed vinyl (as opposed to carpet or rubber) from Auto Carpet and Floors? They claim to offer “top quality Original Equipment products for your vehicle.“ The original vinyl flooring in my 65 GMC is serviceable but has a small tear and the attachment holes are elongated. The truck is largely OEM and I'm restoring it w/ that in mind. Gary
Haven't bought from there but the mat I posted earlier was from ACC and fit good.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:38 AM   #11
bondo510

Can you post pics of the acc one in the truck? I bought one and it does not fit.
bondo510 is offline   Reply With Quote