The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2003, 02:13 PM   #26
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

HOLY SH!T!!!

I don't know how you walked away from that one man! Looking at the front section where driver, and front passenger would be seated - it's a friggin miracle!

Glad everyone is OKAY!!

hey mrein3,

I enjoyed your post about the under inflated tires. Made me go out and check the tires on my truck. Once, I was that moron with the truck loaded 20ft high - and on the way to the dump. I had the brains though, to go on the back roads with next to no traffic, sides of the road were all fields, and took it REAL slow. It was a hot day, and I was getting really pissed off at the time, as it wasn't my crap that was being hauled to the dump - and I got suckered into doing it!

My front tires are Michelin X 235/75 R15
MAX LOAD@50psi is 1985lbs

Rear tires are Pirelli Scorpion 255/75 R15
MAX LOAD@50psi is 2335lbs
Old 07-30-2003, 08:01 PM   #27
Baradium
Binder Rep

A few days late, but....

My '70 has CAR tires on it!

Max load is at 35 PSI!

Unloaded the front tires are weighed down more than enough at max pressure that they have a bit much sidewall flex for me...

It's ok for a little while because it hardly gets driven at the moment with no high speeds, and I'm in a different state... but I can't believe someone would put such light tires on a truck (they are the ones the original owner was running on it when we got it).

As soon as I can I'm going to put the correct tires on it.... some heavier radials up front and some bias ply traction tires in the back sounds good to me...
Baradium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:22 PM   #28
Stout72
Not my good side.

Well, I bought a replacement vehicle... a 2000 Suburban LT with all the bells & whistles (except a moon roof). Couldn't find a deal on a Tahoe or Yukon that wouldn't break the bank... I needed a 2000 or younger Tahoe or Yukon to get the third back seat. I didn't think my wife would like the Burb, big as it is, but she does! So Hooray, we're a Chevy family ('cept for the bike).

wnc mountain... I think the tires you bought (Goodyear Wrangler RT/S load range E) are the same tires I read about that were part of a lawsuit settled earlier this year or last year, where 3 servicemen were killed and two others injured when their Burb rolled from a rear tire blowout. There was something also about a coverup by Goodyear concerning a tire defect. When I find the website again, I'll post the info for you.
79 Yamaha XS1100 Special (Ol' Reliable)
Stout72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:40 PM   #29
fire_chick

glad to hear you and your family are okay. Thanks for the information pertaining to the tires. It's really good to know

*2001 firebird
fire_chick is offline   Reply With Quote