The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2017, 05:29 PM   #26
rideair

Re: 1988 Suburban Scottsdale 4x4

Got to work on the 6.5 kick panel speakers today, decided to go with a standard metal-mess grill painted to match the interior trying to keep it looking as original as possible. Have to admit, they turned out well enough to make me think about replacing the factory 4x10's in the rear with a set of 6x9's with the same type of grill to get a better sound.

Also, in fixing up the 1988 Suburban, I wanted running boards, but not the "Old Man" full length ones (like that was on it).

Really wanted something, not really noticeable, but with a clean look.

Decided to go with a set of aluminum "iBoards", that are 4" wide. I decided to go with a 74" long iBoard (fits 1999-2007 Ford Extended Cabs) which will go just past the break lines on the doors.
Attached Images

rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:42 PM   #27
rideair

Just a few items left on the inside and the 1988 Scottsdale DD will be completed.

After two years, three body shops, four paint jobs, five days of wet sanding and buffing, to many hours to keep track of putting everything back together, the project should be completed in the coming weeks.

A Suburban is not for everyone, but it was the family vehicle of its day and anyone with more than two/three kids drove it or a station wagon. Plus, it will be one of the few, if not the only one at the car/truck show.

Short of running boards, kick panels speakers and hidden sub-woofers, it's as stock as they come.

A promise was made to Leonard Mauck of Front Royal, VA before his passing, I would put the Suburban back to its original glory, a promise has been kept. The other day, his wife of 45 years saw the Suburban since it was sold to my family four+ years ago and tears came to her eyes.

At that time, another promise was made to take Mrs. Mauck out for an evening spin around town.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #28
rideair

Time to drive!
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2017, 04:51 AM   #29
LT7A

Great story and a lot of hard work. That's a beautiful truck, something to be proud of. I hope the test drive with Mrs. Mauck goes well and that you have a great time having it at the show. It's none of my business, but I hope that your stress level drops, and your heart responds, and that you can take good care of each other.
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote