The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2016, 04:23 AM   #11
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

Monday rolled around and I headed down to Tony's shop. He wasn't in the best of moods.

I explained all the issues we had getting as far as we did, and he mellowed out a bit. However, he was still bent out of shape over what his Shop Monkey Helper didn't do while he was hunting. Tony asked how man hours I used him to help on the truck and I handed him the time sheet I kept, and it totaled 10.5 hours. Well... seems the shop monkey turned in 22 hours helping me on the truck!! Long story short, Tony needs a new Shop Monkey.

Tony and I sat down and worked up a schedule to get the truck done. Unfortunately, any savings I was going to gain by doing a lot of work myself, went out the window, as I had popped a tendon on my right elbow trying to bust loose one of the cab mounts a week earlier... and my elbow was now in a brace and I could not even lift a cup of coffee. Dollar signs started flying from my wallet and into Tony's.

Tony sic'd his crew onto the remaining disassembly and reassembly, while he tackled the AAW wiring harness. The powder coated parts were ready by Wednesday that week, and major progress was made. The truck started coming back together by leaps and bounds... not so much for the wiring though.

(The photos were taken after driving the truck a couple weeks and there is road dirt on the powder coated sheetmetal from our recent snow storm. But take my word for it... it turned out GREAT!)
Attached Images

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."

Last edited by Super_Dave; 09-10-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote