The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
bs46488

1972 C10 ... SoCal BBC/TH400

So this project kind of started by accident in June of 2014. My first project is a 1970 Nova. It convinced me to join the masses and go the LS route, so I was searching for an engine stand on Craigslist....but came home with this instead.

I was told the truck was lowered with Hotchkis springs. Its got some of the Early Classic brackets and parts here and there. It will get the old mildly built 454 with the th400. I'm going to put on a DIY hydroboost. Then once I get some miles on it and any issues worked out, I'll make a final build plan. Here's the Nova donating the Big Block to its new garage mate.

When I bought the truck, it looked almost good enough that you could have dropped the motor. Done a couple things, here and there...then boom! Having a cool old running truck. But it never works that easily.

So within a couple of days this happened (who knew they came apart so fast?):

Warning, for all you purist look away now ... a little of this:

Followed by a little nip here:

Here is how she sits now:

Hydroboost:

And the near future....

Stripping paint and coating everything in epoxy paint from Southern Polyurethane Inc. I'm thinking of calling in sick from work for a couple of days and see how much further I can get with stripping and painting.
bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote