The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
mahanian
C10 addict

Issues with purchase from Mikels

I'm having an issue with a purchase I made from Scott, board name Mikels, and wanted to bring it to light to get opinions from others and give the seller a chance to make things right. I purchased an ECE 5" rear drop kit from Scott that was posted as "all new in boxes". Here is the post:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=445654

I paid Scott for the items via Paypal and received them this past weekend. When I opened the boxes (not ECE boxes) it was clear that all the parts were used. The parts were dirty/greasy, the springs have rust on them, and everything shows signs of being installed. At that point I contacted Scott through PM and explained my disappointment. He told me I could ship the parts back at my expense and he would refund me the purchase price, minus shipping. So I would be out $80 in shipping costs ($40 each way) because he wasn't honest about the parts being used.

Realizing they were used I started searching through Scott's old posts to see if he bought them from another member and I came across this thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=398273

Based on this thread, the previous owner didn't even know if they were 5" drop springs so I called ECE and based on the measurements Mark gave me they are not ECE 5" drop springs, they are likely 4" drop springs. I contacted Scott again through PM and told him that the springs were not 5" drop springs. I asked politely that he do one of two things, issue me a full refund and he could resell the kit and I would ship it to the new owner at their expense, or issue me a $50 partial refund so I can sell these springs as used 4" drop springs and buy the 5" drop springs from ECE that were suppose to be in the kit. Scott has not responded to my latest request.

If he does not respond I will file a claim with Paypal, but I thought I'd give him a chance to make things right before going down that path.

67 C10 CST Short Fleet Big Window
65 C10 Custom Short Fleet Big Window
67 Camaro RS

Last edited by mahanian; 02-22-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: fixed links
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Issues with purchase from Mikels

just wanted you to know the staff is aware of this situation and will follow up to see how this is handled.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
mahanian
C10 addict

The seller contacted me and told me again I could ship them back and he would refund me what I paid minus shipping and now minus the paypal fees, so I would be out $80 for round trip shipping plus $10 for his paypal fees now and have no parts. That is not an acceptable solution at all. I think it would be more than fair if he would agree to issue a $50 refund and I keep the used parts and deal with getting the correct springs.

Last edited by mahanian; 02-23-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanian View Post
The seller contacted me and told me again I could ship them back and he would refund me what I paid minus shipping and now minus the paypal fees, so I would be out $80 for round trip shipping plus $10 for his paypal fees now and have no parts. That is not an acceptable solution at all. I think it would be more than fair if he would agree to issue a $50 refund and I keep the used parts and deal with getting the correct springs.
I was wanting to buy this setup minus the springs. I feel bad for you knowing you would want to do the right thing. I honestly feel Mikkels should step up and issue a full refund including shipping both ways. Or you keep the parts and issue a partial refund as you stated. Just my .02
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The seller has contacted me via PM as well. I asked him to post here. I would like to see you two resolve this issue.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
mahanian
C10 addict

I would like to resolve this as well, I sent him the link to this thread yesterday with the hopes that he would respond
Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Having one side of a story, it is hard to state that someone is dishonest or not.. it appears that way, but I would prefer to leave the comments out for a bit. I do however, wish Mikels would go ahead and reply here. Then we can deal with everything accordingly.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
mahanian
C10 addict

Mikels has not contacted me or replied to this thread so I've filed a claim with Paypal. I requested a partial refund of $50 so I can buy the parts that will make the kit complete, although I still think I overpaid for used parts. Filing a claim with Paypal is a long process, I wish it could have been resolved another way.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

His PM to me today, as he refuses to post here for some reason .. was that you have a refund and the parts.

I'm not being an ass.. but I am sick of playing half public half private he said she said with this deal. I do not have time for games and having to stop and pm this n that is taking away from work I need to be doing on the site.

He stated to me that he refunded you, you state you filed a claim. I am not calling either of you out on this.. but my Lord someone is telling half truths and needs to step up.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
mahanian
C10 addict

I am being completely honest about this, he just responded to my Paypal claim and said he would give me a refund of $20 or I can ship back the parts at my expense and he will refund what I paid minus the shipping, so I'd be out $80 for his dishonesty. That is not an acceptable resolution so I've escalated the claim to Paypal review
Old 02-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

No it is not. I am going to give him 24 hours to respond to this post, or we will have to take it further.

Thank you for your updating.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

24 hours has come and gone.. I will check back on this, this evening.. Mahanian, any updates?
Old 02-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
mahanian
C10 addict

The board member that Mikels bought the parts from sent me a PM and confirmed that that he doesn't know what drop the springs are. Mikels PM'd me and said he would refund me $50 but he can't figure out how to refund it through Paypal. I told him to just send me the $50 as a new transaction and I'll eat the paypal fees. I'll update if I receive the refund.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

if their is an open claim, he can not refund it until its resolved by paypal as far as I am aware. Thats why he likely can not figure it out.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #15
mahanian
C10 addict

That makes sense, if I close the claim I can't reopen it so I'd rather lose the paypal fees and ensure that I get the money rather than close it and Mikels change his mind about the refund.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #16
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Mikels was given 24 hours to respond to this post, or be suspended. He chose not to respond, and has a temporary account suspension, pending paypal review. Please keep us updated
Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
mahanian
C10 addict

Mikels has sent me excuse after excuse why he can't send me the $50. I even sent him a $50 money request and he ignored it. I guess we'll just have to let Paypal claims decided.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am sorry.. I hate removing folks mid deal, due to the ignore factor. I did not have a choice at this point. Let us know how it turns out, so we can follow up
Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #19
mahanian
C10 addict

I never received a refund and I don't have any way to contact him anymore so I'm hoping Paypal sides with me.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #20
mahanian
C10 addict

Mikels has refused to cooperate so I have filed internet fraud charges against him.

Paypal ruled in my favor but I would lose more in shipping costs than to buy the parts from ECE.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #21
y5mgisi
Second Chance Program

He appears to be online right now.
y5mgisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanian View Post
Mikels has refused to cooperate so I have filed internet fraud charges against him.

Paypal ruled in my favor but I would lose more in shipping costs than to buy the parts from ECE.
Thank you for the update, please keep us informed.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #23
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

updates?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
mahanian
C10 addict

I shipped him back the non-ECE parts like I thought he and I agreed and he appealed the Paypal decision so now I don't have the parts or money, and I'm out shipping both ways.