The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #1
Tomahawk30

The Bagpiper - Black 72 C10 Highlander LWB

No idea if it'll actually be called 'Bagpiper' or not (my daughter will probably shorten it to Piper or something similarly girly) but this is the latest addition to the fleet. My fourth black 71 or 72 Chevy, second actual factory black truck. I've yet to find pictures of another solid black Highlander, so if you have some please share!!! The seat inserts were unfortunately replaced at some point from the original gray plaid, but that'll be remedied sooner or later. The door panels and visors are essentially flawless, and the seat belts just need a little cleaning. Factory tinted glass is all in great shape as well, and I have the components to put the A/C back together. I also have a lot of the original documentation from when it was originally purchased in Murray, KY.

No huge plans for this one yet beyond a fresh carb, plugs and wires and some basic maintenance for now. Plan to use it to teach my daughter to drive while collecting parts for an eventual resto. I'm not exaggerating when I say there isn't a panel on it that doesn't need work! I'll probably buy a new bed, fenders and cab floor and make it my first frame-off job when the time comes. At least that's what I'm thinking right now. Mechanically it seems very sound, so aside from a few things like trying to find a new home for the wheels in lieu of some rallys, it'll probably look pretty similar to this for a while. Here's a few pictures, and all the ones I have now and add in the future will be in the link in my sig...

1972 C10 Custom Deluxe Highlander - sold
1971 Cheyenne Super Longhorn -sold
1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 -sold, bought back, sold again... I'm dumb.
1970 Chevy C10 SWB "Sprout" -sold
1972 Cheyenne K20 -sold
1969 GMC Shortbox Stepside 4x4 -sold
1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 -sold

Last edited by Tomahawk30; 07-20-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Tomahawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
rsgt

Re: The Bagpiper - Black 72 C10 Highlander LWB

Nice looking truck.
rsgt is offline   Reply With Quote