The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #76
farmfieldfinds

Re: White Lightning - 68 C10 Shortbed Stepside

My biggest fear when it comes to selling a vehicle came true. As part of the deal, the buyer asked me to put on a new transmission pan and gasket (that was one of the things that I said still needed to be fixed in my ad). By the time the part got delivered, I was literally installing it the night before he showed up. I filled the tranny with fluid and drove the truck around the block. Of course being low on fluid, the transmission didn't want to shift right away. I topped off the fluid with 2 more quarts and drove the truck up and down the driveway to make sure everything was shifting correctly.
The next morning I take the buyer for a long ride and the transmission won't shift from 1st to 2nd unless I use the column to shift. Crap!!!! Fortunately the buyer was used to old vehicles and was going to be in town for a few more days. I took the truck to the transmission shop expecting the worst. Within 30 seconds of being on the lift, all of us notice the darn vacuum line wasn't attached. I must have knocked the thing off screwing around with the pan. A quick trip to the parts store and I have a brand new line. Buyer came back, I did a burnout for him, and he headed home with his new truck.

Note to self: If you change a single thing on the truck, take a solid test drive up to highway speeds before the buyer shows up!!!! (and do a burnout)

I dig through fields and trailer parks for cars and trucks to flip or restore.
farmfieldfinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:01 PM   #77
farmfieldfinds

Found out my buyer is taking this truck along with a 67 Camaro back home with him to Kuwait!!!

Where is the furthest away one of your trucks has ended up?

I dig through fields and trailer parks for cars and trucks to flip or restore.
farmfieldfinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #78
ChuckLee

Had a Russab guy buy a Shelby cobra 427FE from me once. Yours takes the cake!