The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
hpcgmc

Power window kits and wiring

Just got my 67 GMC back from the body shop- new roof, repaired all the rusted floor panels and rocker panels and painted the engine compartment and interior Chevy Hyper Blue! Now it's sittin in the garage and I can't roll it outside until I get some glass in. So... my first project is power windows.

It looks like Electric Life, A1 Electric and Nu-relic all get good reviews on this site, so I'll be checking prices on them. Any input on these window kits is appreciated. I'm looking for a bolt in kit.

How and where are people running the wiring? I guess I should have taken this into account when my body guy was cutting out rust and welding in kick panels, but this is my first restoration, so didn't think about it. I'll need space to run power window and door lock wiring, plus speaker wires.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
novice

Re: Power window kits and wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcgmc View Post
Just got my 67 GMC back from the body shop- new roof, repaired all the rusted floor panels and rocker panels and painted the engine compartment and interior Chevy Hyper Blue! Now it's sittin in the garage and I can't roll it outside until I get some glass in. So... my first project is power windows.

It looks like Electric Life, A1 Electric and Nu-relic all get good reviews on this site, so I'll be checking prices on them. Any input on these window kits is appreciated. I'm looking for a bolt in kit.

How and where are people running the wiring? I guess I should have taken this into account when my body guy was cutting out rust and welding in kick panels, but this is my first restoration, so didn't think about it. I'll need space to run power window and door lock wiring, plus speaker wires.

Thanks!
What was your resolution on this? I'm starting the same thing.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #3
elkniks

Re: Power window kits and wiring

check out Specialty Power Windows door jamb wiring kit. I bought their window kit years ago and I DO NOT recommend their power window kit but the door jamb wiring is pretty slick. It is basically a spring held in the post with a grommet and the spring slides in and out of the door through a plastic (PVC fitting)sleeve.
elkniks is offline   Reply With Quote