The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
flyingtim01

New guy with '71 K20

Hey guys!

New guy here here with a field-fresh '71 Chevy K20. I'm going through the whole thing to try and identify exactly what I have, and I've got a few questions.

I haven't yet scraped the crud off the casting number and craned my neck to be able to see it, but according the the stamped number on the pad on front of the motor, I think its a 350 out of a '76. The stamping is K0725TXD, if I remember right. Anyway, I've seen some other shots of the glovebox stickers, and it seems like trucks that were equipped with a 350 were noted as such on the sticker, and mine mentions nothing about what engine it would have come with. Though, the sticker only listed options, right? So was a 350 standard for a 3/4 4x4 in '71, or is this really a motor from a '76? I know, I know, I've gotta check the casting number, but I just thought I'd throw this out there and see what you guys have to say.

I'll take some pics this afternoon and get them up here.
flyingtim01 is offline   Reply With Quote