The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2018, 06:41 AM   #1
Andyking1203

Andys 68 c10

I have been wanting a 68-72 Chevy truck for a very long time, but never had the funds, or the garage, or something to start with.. so about 4 months ago a friend of mine was in a hard place and needed cash, so I bought a 72 lwb partial truck for 100 bucks.. (blue truck)..
So after doing some digging and disassembly I found that the cab was to far gone for my comfort, kept the doors, fenders, cowl and the hood, o and the posi unit!!

So I set out to find a better cab. Which in turn led me to this 68 GMC cab, still needs work but not as much (so I thought!!) It has rust, but in different areas then the blue one, and seems to be a easier fix. So the white cab is what I'm starting with. The floors and supports need minimal work, the worst part I have found after taken it all apart is the inner cowl, and upper part of the firewall both are rotted, (I'm in the north east!!).. so that's gonna be my first plan of attack..
Attached Images

Andyking1203 is offline   Reply With Quote