The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
kclark

'54 6100

I am going to look at a Craigslist post tomorrow morning for a 1954 6100. I don't have a lot of info on the truck yet. I know there is a 6100 and 6100s with a 1/2 ton and 1000 GVWR difference between the 2. It shows in the listing as a one ton but it is either a 1 1/2 or a 2 Ton truck. The lister is posting it for a friend of his so he has been going in between the 2 of us and I will meet him tomorrow as well. I do know it has the original straight 6 235ci. It appears to be in great shape although it looks like it needs new tires. From what I was told, it was originally used by, I assume, a school district to tow school buses. It has been converted to a dump truck. I am looking for something that can easily handle pulling my 10,000 GVWR trailer with tractor. I know this will do the trick although its no speed daemon. It also doesn't have a hitch on the back but I have that figured out if I make the deal. As I am new and doing some research about these old trucks, is there anything that I definitely need to look for or have a heads up on? I know that it should be a 6 volt system and I have a 1929 Studebaker so I know about those. I would probably/eventually convert it to a 12 volt system. It is a 4 speed with 2 gear transmission.
Attached Images

Last edited by kclark; 10-28-2018 at 07:13 PM.
kclark is offline   Reply With Quote