The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #51
Shinysideup

Re: WDYWOOTW the 2018 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post
Perhaps, but I'd like to think quality over quantity would take presidence.
The eras gave nothing at a in common like paint and body has nothing in common with electrical. You don't group those topics because of a lack of posts.
I agree. Bummer to have to read way into posts just to find out what truck they are working on. Glad to help when I can but these groups share too little compatibility IMO.
. [_____(O)_|_'|__}>-------[-_(O)__i'___i (O)-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
No thank you on that lifetime warranty. I don't want a turd for life.
Shinysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #52
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinysideup View Post
I agree. Bummer to have to read way into posts just to find out what truck they are working on. Glad to help when I can but these groups share too little compatibility IMO.
The site is broken down into several main parts, then divided from that.

Year specific truck
Not year specific truck related
Classified

Could you explain a bit more how you think it would flow better?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard is the main page of the forums.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #53
Shinysideup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
The site is broken down into several main parts, then divided from that.

Year specific truck
Not year specific truck related
Classified

Could you explain a bit more how you think it would flow better?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard is the main page of the forums.
Sorry Liz, we were referring to the previously raised topic of the clustered 47-59 group and the feeling that 47-55.1 and 55.2-59 share no real connection to be lumped together. Im referring to discussion forum not classifieds.

Quote:
I'd really like to see seperate sub sections for 47 to 55.1 and 55.2 to 59.
. [_____(O)_|_'|__}>-------[-_(O)__i'___i (O)-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
No thank you on that lifetime warranty. I don't want a turd for life.
Shinysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #54
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinysideup View Post
Sorry Liz, we were referring to the previously raised topic of the clustered 47-59 group and the feeling that 47-55.1 and 55.2-59 share no real connection to be lumped together. Im referring to discussion forum not classifieds.
Ok I see. The issue is we had it like that for many years and both were dead. When they combined they started thrive. I will ask the admins to review it again.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #55
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
First off, Thanks for running this site and giving us an opportunity to voice our opinions.

I would like to see the names change from 73+

73-87(91) were designed as "Rounded Line" from GM. Squarebody is just a slang term. I'm not saying it should be called the rounded line section, but I don't think it should be named for a slang nickname. All of the other sections go by year range.

88-present. I would like to see the forums renamed by platform(GMT400, GMT800, GMT900, GMTK2XX). There are a lot f members posting in the wrong forums. Especially in transition years(88-91, 99-00, 07).

I would like to see the s10/blazer II section renamed. There never was a blazer II. There was a bronco II and an s10 blazer, but never a blazer II. It would also be nice to see a 82-93 section and a 98-04 section.

Thanks for hearing us, and thanks again for letting us voice our opinions here.
I will start adding the GMT400, etc. in when i start upgrading the forums. The reason for Squarebody is because no one searches for rounded line trucks. Having Squarebody in the title helps more people find us and share their passion for trucks with us.

i fixd the Blazer II thing, honestly have no idea how that even got on their. Had ot have been a late night update and one of us spaced out.

Josh
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #56
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Quote:
I'd really like to see seperate sub sections for 47 to 55.1 and 55.2 to 59.
I will look into splitting them back apart, they were a ghost town before being merged.

I have added a prefix to them to show what year range the post is about for now while I investigate a good way to possibly separate them.

Josh
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #57
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
First off, Thanks for running this site and giving us an opportunity to voice our opinions.

73-87(91) were designed as "Rounded Line" from GM. Squarebody is just a slang term. I'm not saying it should be called the rounded line section, but I don't think it should be named for a slang nickname. All of the other sections go by year range.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Let me offer replies to some of your concerns. Technically the "Rounded Line" term was used by GM to describe the then new softer body lines and side molding of the 73-80 trucks. The "Squarebody" term was used to describe the square lines of the 81-87 (91) trucks. Over time the "Rounded Line" term has lost its meaning and has been replaced with "Squarebody" as the primary descriptive term and "Round eye" to define the earlier era trucks.
With all that said, I agree that using a nick name might not be correct for the forum title. It should instead be included in the description of the sub forum to help generate search hits.

Quote:
I would like to see the s10/blazer II section renamed. There never was a blazer II. There was a bronco II and an s10 blazer, but never a blazer II. It would also be nice to see a 82-93 section and a 98-04 section.
Thats not supposed to read S10/Blazer II . It was intended to read as S10/Blazer 2.0 Meaning the second version of that thread. In an attempt to clean up the "How about some pics of" threads that had lots of missing photos, new thread were created. Those new threads were titled "How about some pics of xxxxx II" Since the older threads were archived the II was used to indicate this was a new thread.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 10-14-2018 at 12:06 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #58
Ironhorse

Just thought I would add my .02 worth concerning any changes to the board.

First off, I sincerely hope that Josh and Liz continue to maintain ownership and control of the board. I (and some other members here) are members to a certain Chevelle website of which I will leave at that with out specific calling out by name. It started as a personally owned site set up by a Chevelle enthusiast and ran that way for many years but did on occasion make some subtle changes. Nothing drastic and most were generally well received with a few minor gripes. Paid or un-paid memberships both were offered. Mostly just a love of Chevelles within all aspects was the main requirement.

Move forward several years, not sure how many, the original website owner for personal reasons sold the rights to a website conglomerate for lack of a better word. Suddenly major changes to the overall website made it VERY un-attractive to myself and others. Total change of the page format, pop-up advertisements, screen back ground color was hard to look at, VERY complicated pass word requirement, takes for ever to load a page because of all the pop-ups, banners, advertisements, etc. Just not as user friendly as it used to be. I find my self going to that website less and less frequently and by the number of postings pertaining to the changes I am not alone in that respect. Many long time members no longer post at all.

I can live with changes to the possibility of an NOS parts forum, sub forums for the lesser frequented model years and some of the other changes. Being almost 70 years young, computer tech changes are rough for me to accept and become familiar with. My biggest concern is: PLEASE do not let this website go that same direction to become a money making website owned and maintained for the purpose of being an income producer and becoming a mere shadow of it previous existence.

Josh, Liz, I don't have the ability at a key board to express my self using the latest tech lingo and such but I do totally appreciate all you and your band of moderators have done in the past and currently do to make this website THE go to place for GM truck enthusiasts young and old alike. Thank you.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #59
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am a member on many sites that the two biggies bought out. No opinion to state though, its a business instead of a community imho. Josh has had offers for many years. So far he has never entertained them. This site means a bit more to us than that. I think that is lost on some of the newer members. The ones whom have been here for a time, such as yourself know. No offense to anyone. Everyone no matter membership tier or years are valuable assets to the community
Old 10-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #60
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I gave up on the Chevelle site a few years ago. This site is the only social media I do because it feels like a family of like minded individuals. Keep up the great job folks.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #61
YBNORML

[QUOTE=N2TRUX;8364141]Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Let me offer replies to some of your concerns. Technically the "Rounded Line" term was used by GM to describe the then new softer body lines and side molding of the 73-80 trucks. The "Squarebody" term was used to describe the square lines of the 81-87 (91) trucks. Over time the "Rounded Line" term has lost its meaning and has been replaced with "Squarebody" as the primary descriptive term and "Round eye" to define the earlier era trucks.
With all that said, I agree that using a nick name might not be correct for the forum title. It should instead be included in the description of the sub forum to help generate search hits.

I disagree with not using the nickname, although the technical name should also be used. The Nicknames have become the standard and it would only cause some confusion and probably irritation if they were dropped.

I'm a fan of pretty much allChevy/GMC trucks, up until the end of the C/K or OBS truck line, and I had no idea that the early Squares were called Rounded line.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #62
Foot Stomper

Quote:
Ok I see. The issue is we had it like that for many years and both were dead. When they combined they started thrive. I will ask the admins to review it again.
Thanks for the "prefix" selector on "New Thread".

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #63
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Thanks for the "prefix" selector on "New Thread".
credit goes to Josh
Old 10-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #64
flashed

I agree with Ironhorse completely ,Im a member ,or was of the Chevelle site ,its terrible now , this place though is Home . Great place ran by great people with great mods too . I dont have any gripes or requests ,lets just play with Trucks .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #65
68Gold/white

Quote:
If you would, try starting a post gauging interest in this. I am curious how many folk would have good info to share.
I started a thread on 67-72 message board, not sure if it is getting enough attention.
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #66
davischevy

If it ain't broke. don't fix it.

Of course certain aspects/groups/sections need to be tweaked from time to time, but they usually become obvious from specific complaints.

If you start jacking with a whole bunch of stuff at once it will screw up the whole thing. We don't need no more sub groups.

I don't run the show, and don't want to, and I'm happy as a hog in mud right now.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:19 AM   #67
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
I started a thread on 67-72 message board, not sure if it is getting enough attention.
That thread has 30 replies, and 1060 views. You started the thread and asked killer bee to post a poll. The reply was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I believe only the op can post a poll in a thread, others can't..

but it's looking like a moot point, seems the general consensus around the board is no new sub forums..

oh well, let everyone pile in here, make it the 68 Golden Anniversary MEGA Thread

likin' the pictures and comments above

and special shout out to Kevin, nice truck! anymore pictures, interior, engine room? thanks..

good luck y'all!

So its not that it is not getting enough attention, its that users have assumed the outcome. Making a mega thread on any forum does nothing but lose ideas, and lag servers. They get locked when they get big and any informative posts get lost in them. Not many people will sit and read 7k replies to find info.

My suggestion is to post about your trucks, normal posts, separate posts not a giant post, actively and see how many join in. One huge post will make it appear there is little interest at all in the end.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #68
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
If it ain't broke. don't fix it.

Of course certain aspects/groups/sections need to be tweaked from time to time, but they usually become obvious from specific complaints.

If you start jacking with a whole bunch of stuff at once it will screw up the whole thing. We don't need no more sub groups.

I don't run the show, and don't want to, and I'm happy as a hog in mud right now.
That is why we ask. I asked what folks want from the site. You would expect the main answers would be i like the niche community, like minded people, knowledge etc.. , I dislike the lack of updating, search sucks, pics are a pain, hey I would like to see this or that added, what ever became of forum contests or such. It became a hey this is what you need i to do and how to, do it. (not complaining, I asked) We love input and ideas... but believe it or not the site has survived for 21 years now. I think Josh may know a thing or two about running it and how to do so lol...

I am all for the ideas. It is why we ask. Because we ask does not imply every suggestion will be brought to light. Polls help show the suggester where the idea stands. Special K was determined we needed a heavy hauler area years ago. It started with a pic thread, then a poll, and so on. Change does happen, when it is warranted.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:39 AM   #69
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Here is a look at the last one. Seems iphones have been an issue for years all over. I honesty thought there had been a solution at one point. Still looking and asking
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=694884
Old 10-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #70
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Another idea is to get folks own these to start writing up the information they have to are in FAQ type posts. I know it is done now, but we can begin an y anniversary faq index if people participate
Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #71
CG
BlahBlahBlah

The picture problems and search problems people have are weird to me. There are two ways to search here and between them both I think the results are good. Ive never had a problem posting pictures either except the occasional sideways pic when I use my cell to post ... yes even when I hold the phone correctly. I think that's a phone thing though not a board thing.

I was thinking though and maybe if you just banned everyone that didn't agree with everything I post Id be good with that =)

Contests ... That used to be a fun thing, and I did more than a few back in the day! Someone mentioned the Av one I did recently. So funny all these guys (mostly guys) changing their avs to something a little girl would like in order to win the prize ... Hmm, little girl is 13 now, wonder what kind of avs guys would come up with lol.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #72
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

and ya'll please excuse my crackhead laptop. About 5 years ago I got a new one. Before it was paid for my Sierra spilled a glass of milk on it. Josh was not pleased Anyway, I have used my phone or my dinosaur pc since. It has always been priority for the olders to have school tech etc to me. Anyway we got a laptop in through a storage auction at the store. It needs some tlc, cracked screen, touc h pad is an ass. Have the parts, just not the time yet.

Anyway I have to edit and re edit due to it selecting and moving stuff. If I type something that looks like I had an episode typing, over look it or play the hrm whats she trying to say game
Old 10-18-2018, 08:47 AM   #73
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

I was thinking though and maybe if you just banned everyone that didn't agree with everything I post Id be good with that =)

Contests ... That used to be a fun thing, and I did more than a few back in the day! Someone mentioned the Av one I did recently. So funny all these guys (mostly guys) changing their avs to something a little girl would like in order to win the prize ... Hmm, little girl is 13 now, wonder what kind of avs guys would come up with lol.
omg im lmao at both...
Old 10-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #74
Advanced Design

Quote:
Here is a look at the last one. Seems iphones have been an issue for years all over. I honesty thought there had been a solution at one point. Still looking and asking
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=694884
Thank you for looking into it Liz. Maybe I am getting lazy and don’t take the time to drag out the laptop, download pictures to it, then post. The IPad is so convenient.

Really like our community here and appreciate all the work you, Josh, mod’s and members put in.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #75
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Thank you for looking into it Liz. Maybe I am getting lazy and don’t take the time to drag out the laptop, download pictures to it, then post. The IPad is so convenient.

Really like our community here and appreciate all the work you, Josh, mod’s and members put in.
I posted pics from my phone earlier.. my laptop is 2 rooms away. I'm with ya