The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #26
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Re: Exciting News!! Blast From The Past!!!

Here is a current picture. More to come as I get them. I cannot wait to get enough money to pick this up!
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #27
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA View Post

Here is a current picture. More to come as I get them. I cannot wait to get enough money to pick this up!
It would probably be a very good idea to send them a deposit now. It's too easy for people to change their minds that they no longer want to sell it, if all you've got is a gentleman's vocal commitment. The guy is probably going to start cleaning his stuff out of it, and maybe shining or fixing a couple things for you, and he might have a change of heart as it starts to look better, and memories are stirred up. Strike while the iron is hot, and get it wrapped up with a small deposit. I'd also have a bill of sale, reflecting the deposit too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #28
YBNORML

Cool story, I'm signed in to see how it turns out.
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #29
sean1969c10

Cool story, I hope you can get it soon.

"If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"

1960 Chevy Impala Sedan - my 25 year search is over!!
1969 C-10 longbed - Nice day DD
1970 Chevy Nova - Street and Strip Project
2002 Acura MDX my DD
2007 Honda Odssey - My Wife's "Mommy Van"
sean1969c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #30
weever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post
It would probably be a very good idea to send them a deposit now. It's too easy for people to change their minds that they no longer want to sell it, if all you've got is a gentleman's vocal commitment. The guy is probably going to start cleaning his stuff out of it, and maybe shining or fixing a couple things for you, and he might have a change of heart as it starts to look better, and memories are stirred up. Strike while the iron is hot, and get it wrapped up with a small deposit. I'd also have a bill of sale, reflecting the deposit too.
Posted via Mobile Device
+1, was thinking the exact same thing!

Hope it all works out for you!
Posted via Mobile Device

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #31
68GMCburban

Just like everybody else has said, this is an awesome story! I hope you can close the deal soon.
1968 GMC Suburban- (Current project) Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=569806
(6) 60-66s (shortstep, rollback, two-ton, longbeds)
(3) 47-59s half tons
+ MANY more and always looking for more
68GMCburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #32
Robert1970C20rstbukt

Very cool story! Hope all goes well in buying the truck back.

1984 Chevrolet C30 welding truck 454/SM465
1977 GMC C15 pickup 350/TH350
1970 Chevrolet C20 pickup 350/TH400
1970 Chevrolet K20 Suburban 454/TH350
1969 GMC 8500 478M V6/5 spd winch truck
Robert1970C20rstbukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #33
zicc1835

goodluck ill stay tuned
zicc1835 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #34
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
I was considering this, but I am not worried about him backing out. I just am eager to get the truck back! It turns out that the present owner coincidentally knows several of my former job supervisors from 15 years ago and is good friends with them. He is quite eager to help with this! I am frantically selling everything I can to get the money as fast as I can to realize this dream.
I promised my father before he died that I would never stop looking for the truck and I would do everything in my power to reclaim it. I only wish he could have lived to see this day.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #35
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Great story! I to have the truck my great grandfather originally bought in 1967 and has been in the family ever since. Go get that truck!

Curious, I noticed your location, where is the truck located?
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #36
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA View Post
I was considering this, but I am not worried about him backing out. I just am eager to get the truck back! It turns out that the present owner coincidentally knows several of my former job supervisors from 15 years ago and is good friends with them. He is quite eager to help with this! I am frantically selling everything I can to get the money as fast as I can to realize this dream.
I promised my father before he died that I would never stop looking for the truck and I would do everything in my power to reclaim it. I only wish he could have lived to see this day.
You're very fortunate to have found it and convinced the guy to sell it. Hope you can wrap it up soon, before anything changes.

If someone happens to track me down with a similar story, wanting to buy my truck, the answer will be an emphatic hell no.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #37
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCncsuHD View Post
Great story! I to have the truck my great grandfather originally bought in 1967 and has been in the family ever since. Go get that truck!

Curious, I noticed your location, where is the truck located?
The truck is located about 100 miles west of the coast where I live. More good luck!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
Jsoden

Congrats on the awesome twist of fate there. I'm currently repairing my Grandfathers 67 c10 and I can imagine how upset I'd be if I lost it, and subsequently how happy I'd be when I got it back. Glad to hear this story.
Jsoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #39
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

I thought I would share a funny story about my greatest (mis)adventure with this truck. Back in 1988 I drove way out into the country to visit my at-the-time girlfriend. The truck had not undergone its restoration yet, but was still very solid. It was very dark as I drove home from her house down a main highway. All of a sudden as I reached the apex of a hill I caught a momentary glimpse of a huge cow crossing the road from my left to the right. That stupid heifer was right on top of the solid highway divider lines and her head and neck was directly in the path of the front left corner side of the truck. And she did not seem even the least bit concerned about ANYTHING, not even this large lumbering loud beast with the glowing eyes that was bearing down on her at a deadly 60 MPH. It happened so fast that I did not even have time to react (unless you count my jaw dropping as a reaction). There was this GIGANTIC LOUD sound that I can only describe as a deafening metallic shotgun blast EXPLOSION accompanied by a tremendous shockwave that I felt all the way down to my toes. I had hit that cow with the front left of the truck and it ricocheted off the heifer and sent the truck careening to the right at a 45 degree angle off the highway over the ditch and into a field. The truck was violently careening out of control fishtailing, bouncing, and lurching and I was fighting to keep both control of it, AND my place in the driver's seat after it went airborne and jumped the ditch. This caused a HUGE cloud of blinding dust and dirt from the field that obscured everything in the immediate area for 100 yards or so behind me. I somehow managed to keep the truck from turning over during these Oh-My-God-I'm-Going-To-Die! moments. I somehow managed to get the truck back on the road, and suddenly a pair of headlights appeared throught the choking cloud of dust and doom directly behind me. The driver of this vehicle began frantically flashing his headlights at me and I PANICKED. I hit the gas so hard that the pedal slammed into the floorboard loudly and took off like a missile leaving him stopped in the road. I could just hear what he was probably saying in his car while flashing the lights: "STOP YOU SON OF A *****! YOU JUST KILLED A COW!" I was not about to get blamed in a traffic accident and have to pay for someone's stupid cow that he cared so little about that he did not properly contain it in a fenced pasture. I was also afraid to have to explain to my father what I was doing out in his truck at that late hour, and a police report would have the time of the accident on it. Well I managed to escape the scene of my unintentional disaster (probably due to the dust smoke screen I had created) and fled home. It was then that I noticed that the front left headlight was now angled 45 degrees to the left and pointed up so I could see the top of every tree that I passed on the way home. After I got home I borrowed my grandmother's car and drove back to the scene posing as an innocent passerby to see what had happened just to sate my curiosity. There was a group of four people standing around a very-dead cow with their hands on their hips like they did not know what to do next. And the owner of the cow was among them. This guy looked like he had just stepped from the pages of a redneck hick farmer stereotype catalogue. He had blue denim overalls, glasses, boots, and saber-like buck teeth that whistled like a cartoon beaver whenever he pronounced his "S" words. When I asked him what had hit the cow, his astute response was, "I don't know, it was a truck or something" (spoken with loud whistling "S" words). (Well, that certainly narrows down your suspects there Farmer Bob!) At this point I gleefully realized that I was not a suspect in the cow's untimely demise since the only witness at the scene was unable to identify me or the truck courtesy of the God-sent gigantic dust cloud. As for the cow, its eyes were wide open like it had seen all the hounds of hell converging upon it in its death throes, it had urinated all over the highway, and a bulldozer was used to remove it from the road. I checked the damage to the truck the next morning more closely in the day light and found that only the fender was dented. The bumper was fine, and the light was still aimed wrong, but nothing was major wrong with it. I lied my tail off and told my father that I had hit a deer that ran out in front of me so I would not get into trouble. I only confessed to him what had actually happed years later after I have moved out of his house and the statute of limitations on Hit and Run had expired. My friends still laugh their heads off whenever we revisit this story!! If you look at the picture of the truck in its tan paint form you will notice that the front right fender does not match. I have another picture (will post later) where you can see that the front LEFT one is also mismatched. This is the left fender that my father replaced the cow-damaged one with. He replaced the right one at the same time for some unknown reason (battery acid damage??). What a night that was!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #40
oklalawnboy

Great story. Hope you get the money before he changes his mind.
76 Monte Carlo
83 Chevy short wide Silverado
96 Mazda Miata, 2000 Allegro Bus
oklalawnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #41
ezstriper

very cool !!!
ezstriper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #42
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

I still have not gotten the money for this truck yet. No one will buy my 1973 Plymouth Satellite. The owner just sent me these pics though.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #43
chev3600

Truck looks pretty nice (minus that rear bumper). Wishing you luck on getting the mopar sold.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...0/AD%20trucks/jumbled mess of unorganized photos
chev3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #44
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Absolutely, great looking truck.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #45
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Hope you can get it. I still think you should make a small deposit in the form of a check, along with bill of sale or other documentation.

If you do get it, I'd change that rear bumper right away. Looks like it's off a 3/4 ton fleetside. You'll need to take turns very wide, or you'll be pulling down telephone poles and light posts lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #46
jmorri34

Quote:
Hope you can get it. I still think you should make a small deposit in the form of a check, along with bill of sale or other documentation.

If you do get it, I'd change that rear bumper right away. Looks like it's off a 3/4 ton fleetside. You'll need to take turns very wide, or you'll be pulling down telephone poles and light posts lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Telephone poles..lolol....smh!!
jmorri34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #47
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

I FINALLY have the money to get this!!! Now I must wait on the present owner to return my call so I can drive to his home and close this deal. The last time I called him it took DAYS to get a reply. Like he said, ever since he retired, he is busier than ever!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #48
WIDESIDE72

Another short post for mister b:

Livestock and Liability Laws -- What You Need to Know

by Jill J. Dunkel

When cattle get out on the highway, it can be deadly - both for the livestock and the drivers on the road. But many law enforcement officers will tell you it happens fairly often, whether due to a bad storm that scares cattle through a fence, poor fences, or simply an open gate.
If it happens to you, what are your rights? Are you liable to fix the drivers' vehicles? Are the drivers responsible for paying for the cattle?

State livestock laws determine ownership liability. In the early days of our democracy, unregulated open range was common. Cattle were given the right-of-way. However, most states now regulate the liability of livestock owners in the event that their animals wander onto a public road and collide with a motor vehicle. (Most states consider livestock to mean cattle, horses, mules, donkeys, sheep and goats.)

These regulations can be found in the Livestock Laws of each state. Some states, like Texas, still have Open Range Laws. However, landowners are required to place fences along US and state highways. Texas landowners are not required to fence county and farm-to-market roadways, unless a county passes a provision requiring it.

For most states, the determination of liability centers around what is considered a "legal fence," according to the American Association of Horsemanship Safety (AAHS). "If a fence complies with the legal requirements, that protects the livestock owner from liability for damage done by a stray cow or horse," states the AAHS Web site (http://www.law.utexas. edu/dawson/).

In Texas, a legal fence must be at least four feet high. A board fence must consist of three boards not less than five inches wide and one inch thick, and a rail fence must consist of four rails. A barbed wire fence must consist of three wires on posts no more than 30 feet apart, with one or more stays between every two posts, and a picket fence must consist of pickets that are not more than six inches apart.

Kirk Crutcher is an attorney in Amarillo, Texas, who handles livestock law cases.

He says if a Texas livestock owner "exercises due care in fencing his cattle in," he can not be held liable if the horse gets out. "A reasonably prudent owner is typically not liable," Crutcher says.

Basically the livestock owner must be found negligent in order to be held liable. If the fence is in poor repair, the livestock has a history of getting out, or if the owner has been provided notice of a defect in the fence, he might be considered negligent. "'Was the act foreseeable and could you have prevented it?' is an important question in determining liability," says Crutcher, who is a partner at the law firm of Sprouse, Smith and Rowley, PC.

If the livestock owner is not liable, is the driver?

No. Although the livestock owner may not be liable, the liability is not transferred to the individual who hits the animal on the highway. Texas Livestock Laws state that a person whose vehicle strikes, kills, injures or damages an unattended animal running at large is not liable unless there is gross negligence in the operation of the vehicle, or there is a willful intent to strike, kill, injure or damage the animal.

Basically, it's a no-fault situation.

Although the law in most states is on the side of the livestock owner, it's a good idea to check into any existing insurance policies that you have in the event your liability is questioned. Farm liability policies may cover this type of claim.

Some policies pay for damage done to the livestock if the animals do not belong to the land or stable owner. This can protect the land owner if your pasture is leased out.

Preventing the problem all together is ideal. The best way to protect yourself from the situation is to inspect your fences, gates and locks regularly. "Make sure your livestock can't unlatch the gate," Crutcher suggests. "As any livestock owner will tell you, cattle always seem to find a way of getting out."

The AAHS Web site http:// www.law.utexas.edu/dawson/fence/fnc_menu.htm has links to the livestock laws in all 50 states. ©
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #49
WIDESIDE72

Growing up i had a negihbor whose cows were always getting out due to the fences being in disrepair. The sherriff dpt got called quite often. Luckily no one ever hit one. The sherriff dept reminded him that since they got called out on a weekly basis, he could be found liable due to being negligent. He finally sold the cows.
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Well, Thursday is the big day!! I spoke with the present owner this morning and we are meeting then. Will keep everyone aprised!!