The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2019, 12:23 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wanna sell it?

Yep, that's how it works. This truck is gone and no one asked if it was for sale. My good friend knew I needed to sell one of my K/20s (was trying to sell the K2500 I still have). One day at his house he hands me a nice chunk of change and says, "I'll have the rest in a couple weeks after I sell these two". I knew what he was fixing up to sell. I took it because I knew it was in good hands, I'd see it, he'd let me drive it, and I'd get first rights if and when he sells it. I never would have sold it otherwise. His wife still thought it was mine for a long long time. She might still, but it's been down the road in a body shop since 2010. It's all painted and in pieces covered up. One of those nobody's in any hurry kind of deals
Name:  IMG_05541.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  48.2 KB

I took this a year or two later, a couple months before it went in the body shop. I was working on something at his shop and I took it home, had it a couple weeks
Name:  IMG_3069.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  32.3 KB

This is him up to his tricks. (and Larry Grant/GR8 68)
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-19-2019 at 12:29 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:03 AM   #52
davischevy

That sure is a purdy truck.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #53
special-K
Special Order

Please don't rub it in . I mean . It will be prettier when he gets it together for sure. The bottom side paint is smooth as a baby butt and chock full of N.O.S.

First thing he did was get rid of the wagon wheels. The picture in the snow has a different set of wheels/tires. He had 17 x 9 wheels made from GM 16" centers for it (once it's done).

When I got it I went through entire undercarriage... steering, suspension, bearings, brakes, down to all new wheel studs. When it came to tires I had all my favorite K/20 wheels, wide powder coated steelies, turbines, and slots. Looking to save money I went with 4WPW's buy 3 get one free on Pro-Comps that didn't come in 16.5, so I bought the cheapest wheels available that were still era correct. That truck made the 3rd K20/K2500 to my collection, so multiple sets of wheels & tires was practical. The truck had it's few dings, dull imperfect trim, and patina so I went with the "nice truck from the '70s still rollin' it" vibe. Steelies would have been great if 16s were available, but I think the wagon wheels really did it justice. And I like taking something most everyone says they dislike and show them how good it can look.
Name:  Picture_014.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  70.4 KB

When I first got it
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #54
Killer Bee

drove the K20 Burb to work one night and found this when I got to the parking lot

Old 03-12-2019, 06:46 AM   #55
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Im not attached to anything I own (cept the house hah), from the smallest bolt to any of my cars or trucks. Too bad I don't have a running old car or truck on the road right now, you cant get asked if its for sale if no one can see it =)

I did get some work done on my daily a couple of weeks ago and while talking to one of the fellas there that I have known forever he asked how my projects were coming along. The other guy there perked up ... You have 67-72 parts? You have any 67 beds? Oh yes I do, and 68 and 69. He wants to come out and paw through my junk. No problem, just bring cash =)
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #56
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I went to town yesterday to get some 2x4's and 3 different guys came over in the parking lot and looked at my truck asking the same questions I been ask many times before.. One guy nearly got down on his knees begging me to bring my truck to the car show in May as he wants to put my truck up front in the 67-72 truck section...,, I told him that I cant be gone that long from home .. but I did come home with a smile on my face .
Old 03-12-2019, 07:55 AM   #57
special-K
Special Order

I am very attached to what I own, unless I buy it to sell. I look for ones that are special and harder to find and when I get that I want to keep it. I'm more passionate about my likes than some others, I guess. I think asking if it's for sale is what I refer to as predatory behavior, like one who is only focused on what they can get out of others. Not all, because some ask out of pure appreciation and even just to start conversation. That's why I don't generally give a smart reply. But when it's a cocky guy who comes off as if it would be in better hands with them I'm likely to say "If it was for sale you wouldn't need to ask". Don't people put for sale signs on a thing they want to sell? I always do. I just don't care for "I see I want" people. I find that very inconsiderate of the human involved. I take pride in my possessions, hold on to them a long time, and preserve them to last. At this point my '72 is a part of me. I've had it too long to sell to someone just because they asked. I guess that's why I've been a 67-72 GM Truck owner ever since I was 18 and gathered parts so I could continue using them forever, not knowing that one day most everything would be reproduced or that they'd become so popular to so many decades later. I just prefer them in a heartfelt way. I only started selling due to a divorce combined with a failed economy. Now a woman? Just ask, you can have her. I can always get another. Might feel different if I found one that treated me as well as my trucks have*. A hard act to follow!

*Or as well as I treat them

Tim

Old 03-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #58
abig84

I got a 86 in decent shape and no one seems to care thankfully. In unmoleted patina work trucks are all the rage now a days for some reason. Ive always drove them cause it was all i could afford, cheap, and reliable but hard to find one anymore where people think they are worth as much as a restored truck
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:28 PM   #59
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Top pic is beautiful. I'd still run wagon wheels in a minute if they fit the personality of the truck. Those work well.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:13 AM   #60
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
Top pic is beautiful. I'd still run wagon wheels in a minute if they fit the personality of the truck. Those work well.
Thanks Timber. That was the idea. I intentionally got the wheels people decided to hate long ago to show how good they could look. They were the only period correct wheels you could buy that weren't 16.5s, too. I sure miss that one.

One more time
Attached Images

Tim

Old 03-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #61
100%Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Thanks Timber. That was the idea. I intentionally got the wheels people decided to hate long ago to show how good they could look. They were the only period correct wheels you could buy that weren't 16.5s, too. I sure miss that one.

One more time
Back when they used that blue on the trucks,I got the paint code off a new one and had my 57 Chevy painted with it.That was in 1970.
I'm building another 57 now and thinking of using the same color again.
Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #62
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

I bought a 76 K5 back in the 90's. It was two tone, maroon with white down the side in the middle. Brown interior. I put a small lift on it and 33's with 15x10 white wagon wheels. They weren't as dated then as they are now, but it didn't matter. They just fit the truck. I still like that look. To me that look is as timeless as white steelies and dog dish caps because it's simple and era-appropriate.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #63
special-K
Special Order

It's not like they are on every other vehicle now, like in the '70s... which is why people started not liking them. Obviously a whole lot of people liked them at some point. They just got played out.

Yeah 100%, that's just a cool blue on anything. I've had a lot of blue vehicles and probably half were that color

Tim

Old 03-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #64
Killer Bee

yah, wagon wheels are cool I guess

Old 03-14-2019, 09:17 PM   #65
special-K
Special Order

They look good where white is an accent. When they were popular you'd see them be a third or fourth color added
Attached Images

Tim

Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #66
67swb72klb

I ran some wagon wheels on a few trucks these were 15x10's made by Firestone had a weird spoke pattern and are super heavy
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #67
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, people get jaded, move on the next shiny object () and once that old thing is rarely seen they either stick with their prejudice or see it as new again. It takes someone who does their own thing rather than follow to present it back to them. I remember people being jaded on GM rallys, "They're old hat", "They're passe", "They're a dated look". Well, you say that and you just defined "classic". The trend followers moved on to gangster hoops, a few years pass, and you have people wanting that "old school" look, while others who know what's good do their own thing and don't care what others do never left. I've always liked what was available back when the trucks were fresh and new. I've always done the period look through the years. All the wheels that came out in the '80s I never took to because I stayed with the 67-72 trucks. Then when I did get to owning some square bodies I went with a retro look since the style went back to the same era. Going with old style wheels really set them off and people would give nice comments. I put wide turbines with fender flares on the '90 Blazer I bought new. I even put dual exhaust exiting at 90s behind the rear tires. It could have been a '73 looking from behind. I also got solid red paint to keep it retro looking. That's why I bought it new, because it was like buying a 17 year old vehicle new. I remember saying I wish they made brand new trucks look like a '72 and brand new '55 Chevys. The same went for the '90 Heritage Softail I bought. Very retro!

I just thought of a vanity plate for those who don't want to sell their trucks just because someone is asking... NOPE

Just point to that

Tim