The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #26
Rickysnickers

Re: Why do you live where you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
LOL! Davison?

My wife and I both graduated from Davison High School. My mom still lives there in the house I grew up in.

K
Yup . You and my cousin worked in the same GM factory. He lives the the Flint area still. I really liked it as a kid. I don't really know what MI is like any more. I don't think I would want to live in the Flint area though. After I retire, I would like to go back and visit. I haven't been there since probably the early 90s.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #27
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I was born in Des Moines, lived in Carlisle until I was 4 when we moved to Mitchellville where I grew up. I'm only 8 miles from where I grew up now in Prairie City. I guess I never thought about moving far away. I never had a reason to. Once I met and married my wife, it wasn't an option. She has a very large family and won't stray away. I tried a while back. I was going to transfer to Anchorage, or to Denver. Who knows, maybe someday we will. Probably not though. Hopefully we can find an acreage and that can be the last place we move to.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #28
special-K
Special Order

Long story...or two-three.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:25 PM   #29
Joseph2001

I still can't figure out how my Family wound up here in VA. I was born in Portland ME, Lived in Porter ME until I was 5. Moved to NH for a year or so, Then on to GA, then FL, Then Back to ME, Back to NH, Back to FL, then to AR, then to my Favorite State Texas. Was in Texas for a year and a half, then Bounced back to FL again, and now VA. My Dads been a Machinist for 20+ yrs running all over the Country helping shops get setup or saving Failing shops
Joseph2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:19 PM   #30
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

My family and friends are here. I grew up in So Cal. but it was a lot different then. I'd like to get out of California I'm sick of all the traffic and government B.S. But I have no idea where I'd go. So I stay.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #31
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Was born in Lawrence Kansas, 25 miles north of my place in Ottawa ks. I've lived in Colorado, Missouri, Texas and Nebraska for a minute. Ottawa is home. Most of my family is near by.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #32
Ironhorse

Mostly cause I moved so many times growing up when I came home from Viet Nam in '70 I had had enough of moving. My Dad was a job shopper, have been in 43 of the lower 48 and lived in many more. Born in Wis but actually have lived in Cal, Oregon, Wash. state, Idaho, Colorado, Ariz, Oklahoma, Tex, S. Dakota, Iowa, Fla. Been in Kansas since '64 and came back after Nam. Retied after 36 years working for Boeing Aircraft in Wichita. Next time I move will be in a pine box, LOL .
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:23 PM   #33
pritch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Mostly cause I moved so many times growing up ...
Kinda the same for me. By the time I got old enough to dig in my heels, this is where I was. Ah, I hated it at first and couldn't wait to split, but then life happens and friends and wife and family and 45 years later I'm still here. I live between 2 towns. Wanship (pop 200 on a good day) 4 miles to the south and Coalville (pop 1200 +-) to the north, but in between, where I live, it's sparsely populated
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:35 AM   #34
dieseldawg142

work is pretty much the only thing keeping me where i live.
BC born and bred, was hatched way up north in Dawson Creek, then lived in a truck and camper as a kid for 5 yrs, drove across Canada 3 or 4 times and threw almost all the states...we finally settled where we are because with the mild winters my dad could work most of the yr, which just carried on to me and my job, 41 yrs later. was a real nice, small hick burg. now it's, as wikipedia puts it, "The city, once a small agricultural town, has become an example of sprawling suburbia and bad city planning." not to mention horrendously stupid real estate prices
once the kid is done school, gets a job and gets out, going to try retire, but it will be up north, the further i can afford the better. yeah, 40 plus yrs here, but my heart is up north still, always was, always will be.
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:34 AM   #35
ApacheNick

Bad luck?

Honestly I was born here and I just haven't found someplace I like better yet.

1961 Apache short stepside 4X4 SBW 348/4 speed
1960 Apache C-20 long fleet custom cab BBW 283/4 Speed
1967 rust bucket Olds Cutlass with a 455
1972 GMC K-15 350/4 speed long fleet
ApacheNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:17 AM   #36
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Why do you live where you live?

My family and I are in Liberty SC now. Been here since 1982 and both my daughter & son born here. We are in the same house that we bought in 84 and we love it. We are 4hrs away from the coast and have a beach house also. Her folks are gone and her brother lives down the road a little. He lived with us for our first 3 years then moved out.

My folks live in NC are my dad does now. About 3hrs away. My wife and I grew up in the Denver of the East area just north of Charlotte NC on the lake.
This is home even though I have always said I wanted to move towards Florida some day. Things are nice here and the scenery is good. I can walk out my door and 20 minutes be in the mts of SC. Go 4 hrs east and I'm at the coast so it's a no brainer! It doesn't get that bad cold here are not for more than a couple of months anyway!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:57 AM   #37
abig84

i live in the suburbs of chicago. im pretty sure everyone hates it here, only reason we stayed here when we moved 4 years ago was the wife had her own business and made more then me. i was a mechanic at the time and figured i would have no issue finding another shop to work at.

now present time i found a great job a few months ago so we are pretty much stuck here. we always joke we could go move to another state and both work at walmart and probably bring home the same amount we take home now with how expensive everything is and how high the taxes are

i wanna live somewhere where your vehicle doesnt turn into a rusty pile of crap after 5 winters
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #38
hewittca

I lived in NY until I was 11 at which point my dad packed up the family and moved to NASCAR country (Mooresville NC) in pursuit of a job. Meanwhile, my future wife's family did something similar, except they moved up from FL. After we met, we kind of fell into making life choices that kept us centered around our new common hub here in NC. Overall we love it here but we do often think about what it would be like to move elsewhere and where we would go. Of course, we have jobs and kids now that have us deeply rooted in this area, so it's mostly just fantasizing. We are not really the type to just drop everything and uproot our lives to chase some crazy idea. We are playing the long game here.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #39
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shp4man View Post
I grew up in a little Arizona mining town called Bisbee. Like some of the other California guys on here, I'm getting tired of the traffic and goofy politics here in San Diego. Would like to move back to AZ or maybe New Mexico.
But, our kids and grandkids are here, so not getting out just yet.
My little shack is worth almost a half million bucks, so there's that.
I'm only 8 miles from Bisbee! Come on back! I understand your frustration with San Diego. My move here is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Beautiful area down here in SE Arizona.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:59 PM   #40
Low Elco

Started in Wichita, moved to the schools of Valley Center 3-9 th grade. Moved to Kansas City, North (There's a BIG difference) in '85. Joined the Navy in '89 and saw a few places. Hate Chicago. NC was pretty cool, Felt absolutely at home in San Diego, but no support system or money. Met a girl in '92 and her neighborhood was the most affordable for two broke mice to live in, so we moved there. Still live way out on the east side of KC. We talk about AZ a lot, but we have rapidly aging parents and teenagers who've gotten lucky enough to be in the same spot their entire school lives. Plus, as usual, we were dumb enough to buy our house at the height of the market in '05, so we will never be able to move, anyway. It's ok, we like it here.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #41
Tiger Joe

I stayed right where i grew up. my wife talked about moving to a more country setting awhile back, so we just sorta browsed. a month later I said no I have too much stuff to move, not leaving. so I stay cuz I have to much to move
Tiger Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #42
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I grew up and lived in Amarillo Tx/Waynoka OK. Lived there until I was 40. I had lost a wife and remarried a girl who works IT. We followed the money to Houston, then Atlanta and now Greensboro NC. Tx is still home and always will be. Good thing I still own a home there though all said and done I would probably move to acreage in the Hill Country of Tx. I have family there and in OK. I do like the part of NC I'm in except it's pretty peopley for me.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #43
shp4man

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
I'm only 8 miles from Bisbee! Come on back! I understand your frustration with San Diego. My move here is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Beautiful area down here in SE Arizona.
One of these days. I was on Google Earth and Zillow, checked out the little house in Galena I grew up in. It was somewhat the worse for wear, but restorable. Only $80K approximate value.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #44
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

In all of my 50 years, I have only lived in Florida, its the only place I know. I have vacationed in a lot of great states and would consider moving to one someday, but that day has not arrived yet. I have seen a lot my state has to offer from rural areas to larger cites. Its not the cheapest place to live, but I guess that's why a lot of people move and vacation here.

Everyone on this site lives in a great state.. I would love to visit them all and see why you guys love the places where you live.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #45
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Was raised in the north by southern parents (VA to Ohio in the 50's for work). Always enjoyed the more laid back atmosphere of the south. Have lived in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, Nashville and Knoxville, TN. In 2005 my mother-in-laws health began to fail and we had the opportunity to move back to my wife's hometown.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #46
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Economics. It's all about the most pay with the lowest cost of living. I'm almost done earning what I feel will carry me into my last days, then it's off to somewhere else.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:00 PM   #47
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Born and grew up in western Pennsylvania, outside of Pittsburgh. Joined the Air Force, live in Japan 10 years, then they sent me here to the Mississippi gulf coast. Stayed, well....., because every time I tried to leave the Air Force brought me back. Been here 32 years now. It is my home.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #48
xs-cash

Been here my whole life , been to most of the states though on holidays
xs-cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #49
LEEVON

We're Missouri folks, and after moving around the country a bit, it became apparent that we wanted to be back in the midwest to raise kids. SW Missouri is inexpensive, has decent schools, outdoor life and a little slower pace (but not too slow). We intentionally opened a business here to plant roots. I had not lived in any one place for more than 4-5 years my whole life. We want somewhere the Grandkids can come back to.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #50
72supr

I have lived here my whole life never felt the need to leave. My great grand folks came here from Norway and homesteaded in what was then Dakota Territory.Family history says he turned the wagon over and they lived under that till he could get the sod house built. Great Gma must have been a tough lady. I figure if they could leave Norway,never see their folks again and endure the hardships they did this must be the place I'm supposed to be.
72supr is offline   Reply With Quote