The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #26
Davy

yah, what gives??

Looking for NOS items for my CST restoration.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:24 PM   #27
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

OK, Lets see now. I just remember that there was a post that someone was looking for a fuel tank plate and I had one in Chico. I posted last night on the message board that I had one in the back of my truck that is on the bottom of alot of parts that I just brought home. I received an email this morning from Kilomanjiro saying he wanted it. I assumed that the thread was old and one was found. I dont want to piss everyone off like BoyToyTrading sooooo, what is up. I want this sold as that is why I lugged it up from Calif last night. Ill let you guys talk among yourselves and decide who will own it. I dont want to be the website a$$hole. I do agree that the firse one that replies with an offer to buy, should be the one that gets. Comments?? i didnt intend to turn this into an ebay bidding war. i am in this for the fun of it and to help out fellow Chevy nuts.. Someone let me know soon.
Thanks in advanced for your understanding. I did start my own post last night on the message board though.
Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:33 PM   #28
Davy

This is how I see it...I could be wrong:

If you start your own "for sale" thread on the parts board, then the first to respond has first dibs.

If you reply to an existing thread with a part that the thread starter wanted, (like you did here) the thread starter has first dibs.

If you did both, then everyone else should respect the guy that was asking for one first...in this case it looks like Wildbill either way.

I'm not taking sides, but you did bring it home because you had remembered a thread looking for one...Wildbill's thread.

JMO

Davy

Looking for NOS items for my CST restoration.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:55 PM   #29
LT 72 Jimmy

Wildbill first

I think wildbill should be first, then kilomanjaro, then myself. I am wondering though, how long do we have to wait. If the first two guys pass and it takes each one of them a week to decide, I may have found another one. This leaves Phillip with out a sale. I too am not trying to pi$$ anyone off. Just trying to understand board etiquette....and get a part I need.

LT 72 Jimmy
LT 72 Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 03:42 PM   #30
grnddwn
belly dragger

First guy with money gets skid plate then they can copy it and sell them to the rest of us. I want one too
grnddwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:20 PM   #31
NuBomb

Take me out. I was just saying I would like to have one, not looking to get that one. Sorry for any confusion.

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #32
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by Davy
This is how I see it...I could be wrong:

If you start your own "for sale" thread on the parts board, then the first to respond has first dibs.

If you reply to an existing thread with a part that the thread starter wanted, (like you did here) the thread starter has first dibs.

If you did both, then everyone else should respect the guy that was asking for one first...in this case it looks like Wildbill either way.

I'm not taking sides, but you did bring it home because you had remembered a thread looking for one...Wildbill's thread.

JMO

Davy
Actually, I started a thread last night before I found this one and posted. Kilomanjaro responded to me via email on the thread I started. I only made reference that I had seen a thread in the past week regarding a fuel tank skid plate. Couldnt find the thread so I made my own. And to think, I had 2 and used one for scrap metal. This is beginning to sound like tow hooks.
Who would be interested in a Hugger Orange 1970 GMC that is fully loaded. Couldnt get it started as it has been sitting since 96.
The body is about 95% and has a clean Calif title. Its the CST of GMC right down to the chrome transfercase shifter. Still has back seat and center console. Also, the top is a 9 out of 10.. I could make it happen for anyone for $3000. Its Complete. Just needs someone to clean out the tank. I got it to run by dumping gas ion the carb but died right after. Could just be the fuel pump..
Talk to me!
pbjohnson2@aol.com
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2003, 08:56 PM   #33
grnddwn
belly dragger

I don't care who gets somebody make more
Old 09-26-2003, 11:56 PM   #34
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

HUH????
Old 09-27-2003, 12:40 AM   #35
grnddwn
belly dragger

I need to read what I type. Lets just say I would like someone to take one and copy it
Old 09-27-2003, 11:02 AM   #36
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

If someone could email me some really good pics and maybe some dimensions, I could see if my husband wanted to make up some copies. They look pretty easy to make, I just need dimensions and pics. Averyarc@comcast.net
Thanks!!

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:53 PM   #37
wildbill

Skid plate wars?

Sorry for creating a mess about the skid plate. Thanks for all the support about me getting first dibs on the skid plate. I don't want to create any problems, I just have been to busy to check the post everyday.
Thanks
Wildbill