The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Zone47

Smile This is a cool thing, unsold 66 Chevy trucks!

66 and other years I should say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCM9WS493IM
Zone47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: This is a cool thing, unsold 66 Chevy trucks!

I wont be the one to break it to you.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
Cooper197

You should see this then.
http://autoweek.com/article/car-life...-sales-weekend
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:06 PM   #4
Zone47

Arrow Re: This is a cool thing, unsold 66 Chevy trucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper197 View Post
Cool,

Yeah, I remember hearing about this before the auction but never followed up on it. I just stumbled across it on yout0ob again today.

That's crazy money for some old rust buckets!!
Zone47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:51 AM   #5
TopFuel1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone47 View Post
Cool,

Yeah, I remember hearing about this before the auction but never followed up on it. I just stumbled across it on yout0ob again today.

That's crazy money for some old rust buckets!!

Rust buckets? I would have gladly traded the sheet metal on any one of those trucks for what was on mine when I acquired it. I could have shown you a genuine rust bucket!!
TopFuel1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
Hack_Attack

Forum member Dinos63 ended up with one of the trucks and recently got it all cleaned up. Looks great.
Attached Images

Hack_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
Hack_Attack

^^ This truck actually looks to be the very first truck in the video ^^
Old 04-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #8
shp4man

Those trucks were interesting for sure. Wonder why the bed wood wasn't in them? Think the motors were seized?
Also it was nice to see the original color of the 230 engines. Darker blue than I thought.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
oem4me

An historically strange situation. Never gonna see anything on that scale again. Financially it made no sense, and still doesn't. What it did was create something to talk about, then, now, and forever.
I'm sure the bedwood just rotted away and fell out. The steel skid strips are still there, bolted in.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #10
60-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by shp4man View Post
Those trucks were interesting for sure. Wonder why the bed wood wasn't in them? Think the motors were seized?
Also it was nice to see the original color of the 230 engines. Darker blue than I thought.
The engines were not all seized. I bought a 1964 from there, 3 miles on it. Put a bore scope in the cylinders of the 230 and everything looks perfect. This particular truck though was stuck. Soaked it for over a year with mystery oil and ran just the oil pump to lubricate bearings best I could. Still locked so I decided to toss a battery in it. Boom , unlocked. Thats as far as I went , did not try to start it. Many of these vehicles, the new owners had them running by the end of the auction like the 1964 Station Wagon.My truck is Now resting in a sea container till I get more time. All but one truck had no bed wood , that truck was parked in a shed till the auction. I was able to turn many of the engines by hand the day before the auction. Lots of bad info out there on these trucks. To me and me only I guess, its history I wanted to be a part of since I love these trucks more than most. The things or details Ive leaned mean something to me because I like trucks the way they came from the factory. Several of these trucks have been restored , horribly I might add , they just used their own interpretation of original like so many do.
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #11
60-66

This poor truck , 3 miles, was from what I here , pretty badly damaged by the shipping company the new owner used to transport for him.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #12
60-66

Few photos of the property they were stored on before the auction

Old 04-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #13
shp4man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
The engines were not all seized. I bought a 1964 from there, 3 miles on it. Put a bore scope in the cylinders of the 230 and everything looks perfect. This particular truck though was stuck. Soaked it for over a year with mystery oil and ran just the oil pump to lubricate bearings best I could. Still locked so I decided to toss a battery in it. Boom , unlocked. Thats as far as I went , did not try to start it. Many of these vehicles, the new owners had them running by the end of the auction like the 1964 Station Wagon.My truck is Now resting in a sea container till I get more time. All but one truck had no bed wood , that truck was parked in a shed till the auction. I was able to turn many of the engines by hand the day before the auction. Lots of bad info out there on these trucks. To me and me only I guess, its history I wanted to be a part of since I love these trucks more than most. The things or details Ive leaned mean something to me because I like trucks the way they came from the factory. Several of these trucks have been restored , horribly I might add , they just used their own interpretation of original like so many do.
Very nice, glad to hear a few here got one of these vehicles.
A seized motor wouldn't be a huge deal, just yank it, drive out the pistons, hone out the cylinders or bore it, re-ring it, replace all the gaskets.... and off you go. Brand new motor.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:54 AM   #14
BeardedCowboy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopFuel1966 View Post
Rust buckets? I would have gladly traded the sheet metal on any one of those trucks for what was on mine when I acquired it. I could have shown you a genuine rust bucket!!
I call that the perfect patina! Those c10’s look amazing.. heck, all of those vehicles do.. but I love the c10’s.
Posted via Mobile Device
BeardedCowboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 AM   #15
BeardedCowboy87

Quote:
Few photos of the property they were stored on before the auction

Why did they just leave the place?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #16
60-66

He really didnt just leave the place. You have to understand Lambrechts idea of , " I will only sell you a new vehicle" . The mechanic for Lambrecht lived on this property while many of these vehicles were being driven out to this property. He later died but Lambrecht would never sell anything , he was still alive during this auction but did not attend . Lambrecht's thinking was that if the new cars were now out , say 1965 , all those new 1964 left overs were no longer new or for sale so he put them out to pasture along with all the used trade ins , very few were stored inside another building across the street. If you saw his house also you'd understand he was a simple man , very frugal yet he had a gold mine in vehicles. I have friends who met with him , drove hours to try and buy parts and vehicles AFTER his dealership was closed only to turn around and go home empty. His daughter was responsible for this sale.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:37 PM   #17
BeardedCowboy87

Quote:
He really didnt just leave the place. You have to understand Lambrechts idea of , " I will only sell you a new vehicle" . The mechanic for Lambrecht lived on this property while many of these vehicles were being driven out to this property. He later died but Lambrecht would never sell anything , he was still alive during this auction but did not attend . Lambrecht's thinking was that if the new cars were now out , say 1965 , all those new 1964 left overs were no longer new or for sale so he put them out to pasture along with all the used trade ins , very few were stored inside another building across the street. If you saw his house also you'd understand he was a simple man , very frugal yet he had a gold mine in vehicles. I have friends who met with him , drove hours to try and buy parts and vehicles AFTER his dealership was closed only to turn around and go home empty. His daughter was responsible for this sale.
That’s very interesting. Cool story behind all of it too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #18
Hack_Attack

Sounds like the guy was in the wrong business....he should have sold produce.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:38 PM   #19
Yorkauto

Quote:
This poor truck , 3 miles, was from what I here , pretty badly damaged by the shipping company the new owner used to transport for him.

I am the owner of that black truck beside the white one, my dad has the 63. We haven't done much to the white one other than getting the tires to hold air. The black one is in the middle of restoring it but not changing the paint at all. Its neat to see them back at the auction, and they white one did receive a lot of damage from the shipping company and they refused to do anything about it.
Yorkauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 PM   #20
factorystock

Quote:
You have to understand Lambrechts idea of , " I will only sell you a new vehicle" .
This was discussed on other threads of course, but, if you think about it, there is no way in hell you can stay in business eating invoices on new vehicles. GM didn't give these trucks away free. 2000+ bucks apiece was a lot of money in the mid 60's. And why is the inventory heavy in certain years and next to nill in other years? I don't buy they were hard sells, every other dealer in America had no problem selling out everything on their lot. Was the dealership lot in a flood plain? Insurance right offs bought back for peanuts? The question is : How can he afford to do this? Being in a rural region, sparsely populated, they couldn't of sold tons of volume to absorb these losses. Just sayin.

Last edited by factorystock; 04-24-2018 at 10:59 PM.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #21
oem4me

Yorkauto - First, welcome to the forum, and thanks for taking the time to register and become a member. Next, please know that whenever and whatever you decide to share about you and your dad's trucks will be of special interest to many of us here.
One could go on for hours on why Mr. Lambrecht did what he did, but in the end, what we are left with are his vehicles. Glad to hear the restoration on one is saving the original paint. Can't say they'd be quite as interesting all done up and shiny. Just my two cents.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:27 AM   #22
BeardedCowboy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkauto View Post
I am the owner of that black truck beside the white one, my dad has the 63. We haven't done much to the white one other than getting the tires to hold air. The black one is in the middle of restoring it but not changing the paint at all. Its neat to see them back at the auction, and they white one did receive a lot of damage from the shipping company and they refused to do anything about it.
That white one is my favorite! The patina paint looks perfect. How are the motors in them? Have y’all gotten them running yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #23
60-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
This was discussed on other threads of course, but, if you think about it, there is no way in hell you can stay in business eating invoices on new vehicles. GM didn't give these trucks away free. 2000+ bucks apiece was a lot of money in the mid 60's. And why is the inventory heavy in certain years and next to nill in other years? I don't buy they were hard sells, every other dealer in America had no problem selling out everything on their lot. Was the dealership lot in a flood plain? Insurance right offs bought back for peanuts? The question is : How can he afford to do this? Being in a rural region, sparsely populated, they couldn't of sold tons of volume to absorb these losses. Just sayin.
The story goes , Lambrecht was the guy to go to , he sold MORE new Chevrolets than anyone else. Good sources said he was the biggest volume seller in that area and also supplied other dealers, GM also sent him or offered him their leftovers. There were so many stories from the locals , this guy NEVER spent his money. The meager house he lived in was said to not even have drywall in parts of it till 4-5 years before the auction. The Grocery store in town said his money smelled like mold because it was stored in the basement . The guy was cheap , stubborn and new how to make money but the depression mentality told him to keep everything and save every penny. The building across the street from the dealership where several of these vehicles were stored in , a wall collapsed into the main road leading into the town , reason for the dented roof on the Cameo. Lambrecht put barricades around the debris and it stayed that way for years, have pictures of that somewhere . Many many stories were told from the locals about what he got away with in small town Nebraska. Wade Waterbury is probably the best source,the son of Lambrechts Mechanic , he remembers growing up on the farm where all of these were stored. He gave me a lot of info after the auction. One of my trucks is still in his Dads name with 3 miles.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #24
Yorkauto

I got the black one running when I got it home from shipping little gas down the carb and a new set of plug wires and a battery and it fired right up. It was taken apart shortly after that and is in the process of being restored with an ls swap lowered etc, the usual patina look build. The white one was missing the carb and radiator as were most of them, we have gotten it to run briefly but haven't put a lot of work into it yet. We honestly aren't to sure what to do with it, either leave it alone and get it running and driving or restore it to 100% the way it would have come off the showroom floor in 63, but they are only original once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedCowboy87 View Post
That white one is my favorite! The patina paint looks perfect. How are the motors in them? Have y’all gotten them running yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yorkauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:00 AM   #25
oem4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkauto View Post
It was taken apart shortly after that and is in the process of being restored with an ls swap lowered etc,
Seriously? Is the black truck also one of the no mile, never titled trucks?