The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
'84 Rusterado

Chassis Tech Air Bag kits?

Hey guys i was wondering if any of you have had experience with them? My freind wants me to go with Air Ride Technologies, but i don't have the funds he does. I just got out of the Honda scene, and picked up a cheap project( my truck), and i'm looking to keep it cost effective..I'm new to this domestic scene, and i dont have a lot of knowledge of what are reputable brands when it comes to suspension, except Belltech...i have heard of them before..heh..So Chassis Tech any good or are they what i would call ricey suspension? $750 seems alittle cheap for what looks like everything, except the 4-link..
http://airbagit.com/images/FBSS_kit-V.jpg

Thanks in advance fellas..
'84 Rusterado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
1low1967

Check out *****************, I've had good and bad experiences with chassis tech and aim. I've been dealing with suicide doors for a while and am impressed with there product and tech help
1low1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #3
laid67c10

another vote for ***************** .....
Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
'84 Rusterado

thanks guys i checked it out, i didn't see the brand of the kit though...is it their own kit?
'84 Rusterado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:25 PM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

If your on a budget then Jason at www.***************** is your guy. I have heard nothing but good about everything they sell. They do screw up once in a while but they make it right.

On the other hand Chassis Tech is a division om AIM and the horror storie abound from both of those companies. I suggest you avoid them regardless of the price....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #6
1low1967

Yes that is their own brand. They build everything and have a lot of experience witht the chevys
1low1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:47 AM   #7
TurnNBurn

Angry Never again with Aim

I bought there kit for my 82 , my first air bagged truck , well It looked all fine and good, untill I tried installing. I installed the notch based on the brackets that were supplied. The brackets they sent were not the right ones, the bags would NOT go on the brackets with out rubbing. I had to cut out the notch and move it more outboard. the bottom rear brackets were huge about 6 1/2" I had to cut 3" out of them so i could get them near the pumpkin. the Front Brackets were all bent out of shape, But the fire wrench took care of that. I shouldn't have had to do that for $1200

Next the air fittings are junk (in my opinion) the do not seal the bags are always hissing, they said to install push hose in and pull out to lock, well they pulled right out of the fittings all of the fittings for the bags. I freaked I called them up and told them all of the trouble and I got was a sorry about the inconvience. That leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. It really put a downer on my first bagged truck.

I am greatful my buddies come to the rescue . Of course some good compression air fittings from carquest to. There are some good things, the rest of the components are pretty good. I learned that the next time I do one I will buy from FBI. I didnt even buy the kit from them and they answered any question I had. I will never buy from them Aim again.

Sorry about ranting but I would not wish the trouble on any one doing it for their first time.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:29 AM   #8
bigbluthng

stay away from aim products!!! with that said i just recently had a good experiance with suicide doors and would highly recommend them.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:27 AM   #9
laynlow77

do not, do not, do not buy anything from them!!!! there are tons of horror stories about them on virtually every forum around. all of their stuff is junk, for just a little bit more money go with something else. suicide doors is good stuff though
laynlow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #10
bigred66

***************** all the way!! I have chasse tech on the talon never had any problems other than the compressor is crap. If you were doing a sport compact I would say go for it but not for a truck. Besides suicide doors has kits starting at $849.99 and it the good stuff. The VIAIR COMPRESSOR makes the worth the extra 100 bucks.
1987- Dodge Raider (4 sale)
2000- 4-door Nissan Frontier
2003- Ford Focus (wife)
bigred66 is offline   Reply With Quote