The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Rokcrln

NOS 67 step fenders

I bought these for a project I am working on and it would require that I cut these in half. Once I got them and found out they are NOS and never installed I thought twice about cutting them up. I know they have never been mounted because the mounting flange is perfect and the inside of the flange does not have a single mark from bolts or washers as well as the holes still have the little lip from when they were punched. The marker lights were not shaved thye were just never installed so that puts them as 67 only's.

Looking to sell these to someone who must have 67 nos fenders, were should I start $ wise? I have been told from one of the truck shops that $700 each would be a good start since re-pop's are going for $300 plus and are not that great of quality.

Thanks for the imput.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 04-21-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: NOS 67 step fenders

No idea brother! I think they're going to be destined for ebay in order to see their full potential.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Even "if" repops were same quality they aren`t a GM "exactly what came on these trucks" part.N.O.S. is always worth more than repro.Basically,repro is aftermarket,right?So,take an`08 GM part and an aftermarket replacement part.What`s the price difference?GM is higher.It`s a big issue with insurance jobs.The body shop wants to save the money and the customer wants their vehicle fixed with the same parts that came on their vehicle.Now,let a few decades pass when these parts are depleated and hard to find.It may not matter much with some vehicle`s parts.But,we all know about supply and demand and in this case there definately is demand for 67-72 parts,especially`67-only parts.Catch my drift?They should sell for at least double what the repops do.Another thing is,what if GM still supplied these parts?I`ve seen the inflation in the price lists over the years.What would GM want even if anyone could hop on down and pick up a fender in`2008?You otta figure this isn`t a reproduced item.It should cost more than a 68-72 fender.
I`d say $700-$750@ is a good baseline.I had a very nice straight,no rust,original paint`67 stepside fender I sold this summer for $375.I think it should have cost more than a repop.But,I wanted to sell it at that swap meet.A guy with a shop that restores these trucks bought it up,no questions.
It`s definately good Ebay foder or talk to the right guys that want a razor straight truck build and they should give you good money.I`d try to sell the pair at $1,500 and if someone wants a single mark it up.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

FYI:
I saw a sweet pair of N.O.S. fenders for sale this past weekend for $1,400 pr.They had factory primer in grey,which I`ve never seen.And,they both had factory wrappers with one removed to view.
I`d say $700 each.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote