The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2019, 12:10 AM   #1
SaveRustySqBodys

Cali k30

Hello, I figured I'd make a thread dedicated to my 1986 K30. It's basically a 1 owner truck. Purchased it from a fellow who was flipping it off facebook back in May 2018. Originally had a warn winch bumper (the reseller kept it sadly) Don't expect major things to be overhauled on the truck, nothing too big to it but just a little project. I daily drove it all summer and fall up until late nov / dec. Truck is 100% rust free, however has some dents on bed and tailgate.

Had a crack free grille which was immaculate before the shipper smashed it ...probabaly a little too close to the jeep with rear spare tire on it for the 2900 mile journey it took...

Backstory: Purchased brand new by a guy named John W. for a ranch in Three Rivers California. It was called Indian Spring Ranch and covered 316 acres. When I googled the property it came up with a realty ad from around 2000. The registration on the original license plates expired in 2001.

What I was told by the guy who flipped it and sold it to me was that the daughter needed a tow back to the house and traded the tow truck driver the truck for the tow, I don't know how factual or fabricated that story is, but I'm rolling with it.

There were tons expired insurance cards, receipts and other stuff in the truck. When I got it, the odometer said 34,9XX miles. I believe that to of been true due to a number of factors from piecing together DMV inspection papers and other receipts and dates I found in the truck. I believe the truck was only driven 1,000-3,000 miles a year up until around 2000. HOWEVER, I would bet that most likely that a majority of those miles are from driving around on the ranch. I ran a carfax on the VIN (yes CARFAX) and it listed all the DMV inspections from new and the miles all lined up.

One of the realty photos showed the property and in the background you could see the K30 just sitting there in that nice and dry climate

Pictures from the craigslist ad back in April of 2018 , it had its fair share of tune up work needed. Interior was trash from california sun.

---

Here's the truck getting loaded up in California on the truck to be shipped to Connecticut, roughly 2900 miles. *notice how nice and crack free the grille is before it shipped?*

I'd include the pics of it arriving here, but for some reason they won't resize themselves to fit and I don't really want cover the whole page to be one giant pic since it won't resize ,but I think you all get the idea.

I will add more to the story when I can. I have lots of stuff to write up on here about since I'd had the truck for 9 months now. I have lots of pictures to include.

Last edited by SaveRustySqBodys; 01-15-2019 at 12:17 AM.
SaveRustySqBodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #2
jeffahart

Re: Cali k30

Very very nice! Worth spending time cleaning up for sure. And, you really only need to clean it up. You already have all the good stuff! D60 Front, Corp 14 rear, hydro boost brakes. Keep us posted on your upgrades in the 4X4 area, there's some pretty good guys that are quite knowledgeable that frequent.

You should do a google on BellaVista 14bolt bible and BellaVista D60 bible. He spent time compiling really good documentation on the axle set.

Have fun!

j
Old 01-15-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
Greenlee

Re: Cali k30

Nice truck!
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote