The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
engairuph

BEWARE OF JimH2828

In all of my years of selling, selling and as a business owner have I ever run across some like this. All of us have received broken and damaged parts one time or another from our delivery personal, and had to make claims so we can get reimbursed so we can buy it again. Well I sold parts to one of our members on Feb 23 2015 (a/c box and np205 side mount) and when it came to him damaged (Fed-ex), his solution is to threaten to get his money back and will tell everyone how sold him broken parts and try to rip him off. Couple of days later he said that Fed-Ex told him that "Were you bought the parts have to make the claim". I called fed-ex and filled out paperwork as requested by the company and received phone call March 06 that the receipiant of the parts is suppose to make the claim since he paid for them and they were insured. March 17 received letter from Fed-Ex that I'm denied on the claim since JimH2828 is the buyer and has the parts. So when the words start everyone will know and just beware of JimH2828.

69 4x4 Suburban PTO winch(NAVY)
13 GMC Ext cab
12 Ford Fusion SE(wife)

MAI
Interior shop

Last edited by engairuph; 07-25-2015 at 06:45 PM.
engairuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: BEWARE OF JimH2828

Moving this to member dealings area.

Please state the facts and provide a link to the thread in which the sale occurred.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
Elliot949
Dan Johnston

Everything you are saying about the claims process is correct... FED-X Is horrible to deal with, only second to the USPS... They like to jerk you around telling you one has to file the claim then the other has to file the claim, then all in the end they just deny the claim...

I had this happen with a Dash clusterthat I sent off to have restored... I paid for 600.00 worth ofr insurance on it... The item arrive at it's destination damaged... when we started the claims process the Receiver went to the Post Office with the item only to be told that the sender had to file the claim... So without anything in my hands down to the post office I go... I was told it HAS to be filed online so back to the house I go... I get pictures sent to me by the receiver and spent the 45 minutes to file the paperwork.... 90 days went by and I get a letter in the mail that the claim had be denied and the receiver needed to file it... so together we file the paperwork... 90 more days go by and I get a letter in the mail denying the claim... so letters in hand I go to the post office only to be told again that they can't do anything that I have to deal with the claims process online...

At no time can you get a phone number to call and at the end of the day I was left with a part that is extremely difficult to replace and very expensive if you do find one and the post office just goes on about ripping people off and there isn't a dayam thing you can do about it...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
sawman

usps is good up to $300 with no hassles,high dollar items take to a ups store and have them package it,no hassle at all if it gets damaged,its always the buyers that are suppose to file a claim,vkvmghv happens everyone needs to no that when you ship,
sawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:57 AM   #5
Jason Banks

I ship alot of things UPS.

I hate the UPS and their claims process....because it's deny first and hope we don't challenge them....

My favorite story is....One time they claimed they lost the item from the package because it was not packaged properly(claim denied). So...when I pointed out that they didn't even know what it looked like...so they couldn't tell if it was improperly packaged they approved the claim...What a load of crap...
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #6
gmachinz
Account Suspended

I have a business account with FedEx and I've had a dash damaged once, and they reimbursed me. The buyer has to file the claim, as well as provide documentation (ie pics) and then they (at least in my case) approved the claim with no issue-FedEx issues me the credit and then I refund the customer. I do a lot of business with FedEx though so I'm sure that's why they don't hassle me.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote