The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #901
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Tahoe Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Kevin,
Do you have a set of drawings for that gas tank? You think you will want to sell them on the board? Cost? You think that tank with minor mods would fit on a truck frame. I might be interested in building one like that.
No that tank is a 1 off to fit around my vett rear suspension and frame notches. For a truck I would just use the mid 80-90's blazer 26 gal tank. You can run it with a carb or an in tank efi pump and they are simple and cheap. I used 1 in LowBuk with great results and I have one I got for my tahoe until I found I would have to cut most of it apart before it would work.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #902
mcbassin
Still Learning

No problem Kevin, I was just thinking I have bunch of polished stainless sheetmetal out in my "salvage" that is around .060" thick I believe. Was hoping to put it to good use and only need to buy a few things to make it. I like the Idea of a blazer tank too. I should be able to find one of those pretty easy or even buy a new one. thanks and keep hammering on the Tahoe.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #903
camokid

well I wa ssnooping around a few web sites and came across AVS' site and the are advertising 180 door hinges.....Dont know if this helps, but might take a look at it mang,

Jeff
camokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #904
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by camokid View Post
well I wa ssnooping around a few web sites and came across AVS' site and the are advertising 180 door hinges.....Dont know if this helps, but might take a look at it mang,

Jeff
A lot of company's advertise "180*" door hinges and they are talking 180* from each other (90+90) But thanks for keeping me in mind!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #905
butternut1972

looks awesome. The wife and i are taking a road trip to vegas at the end of feb for the nascar race, i might have to stop by on the way through and see this build. your craftmanship is second to none.
butternut1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #906
Rokcrln

Sounds good just let me know.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #907
butternut1972

How's the progress?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:05 AM   #908
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut1972 View Post
How's the progress?
Good but not on this one!
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/81...ion-build.html

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 06-23-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:10 AM   #909
mcbassin
Still Learning

The Ford looks good! Man, You have a bunch on your plate! Crazy! you need a few more projects.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #910
butternut1972

The 51 is one cool truck. I get tired just thinking about all you have going on.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #911
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
The Ford looks good! Man, You have a bunch on your plate! Crazy! you need a few more projects.
No I have enough, we are thinking about getting ride of a few that have been sitting around for too long now and I don't have the money or time to finish. Tahoe any one

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut1972 View Post
The 51 is one cool truck. I get tired just thinking about all you have going on.
Thanks, yes it is a cool truck but has a long way to go before being as nice or as fun to drive as LowBuck. But power wise it plane out kicks AZZ with 450+ in that little truck.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 01-29-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #912
suville

MAN! I've spent most of the day readin thru this I cant say nuthin that aint been said, as a 40+ year car,truck,Harley builder bodyman painter You are one tough act to follow and I tip my weldin helmut to ya! I'm really watchin the rear door/hatch mod. Wess from Classic Heartbeat is working on the same mod and I first got the idea when I saw the first Astro van with this so I'm patiently awaiting the next episode of "The Tahoe" Very innovative not just this build but all the side track issues you chase down!
suville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #913
Rokcrln

Well the next episode will not be for a bit as I have 2 customer builds to get done as well as some friends to help out that have been waiting for awhile for some help on their rigs. But it just sits out their every day looking at me wanting to get done but still nothing happens, I just don't get it. I have everything now to get it up and running except the time so what is a guy to do?

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #914
64shortc10

Kevin
If you get tired of lookin at it you can park it in my garage! When my trucks over at your place I'll need something to go out in the garage and look at while Mason's taking his naps! If you need any help or just someone to kick you in the @$$ and tell you to get back to work, let me know! Later
Tony from Norcal
64shortc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #915
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Well the next episode will not be for a bit as I have 2 customer builds to get done as well as some friends to help out that have been waiting for awhile for some help on their rigs. But it just sits out their every day looking at me wanting to get done but still nothing happens, I just don't get it. I have everything now to get it up and running except the time so what is a guy to do?

Kevin
LFD Inc.
sleep is optional for car builders
Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 AM   #916
Black Widow Customs

WOW.. unbelievable build you got going on here ...thousands of hours of fab and design well worth it when its sitting laid out ....Badasss
Black Widow Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #917
Rokcrln

Just something to think about, this project will be getting torn apart and all the store bought parts will be getting transplanted to 3 other projects to finish them up and then the Tahoe body with seats and maybe frame (with C4 DM will be sold AS IS if their is any interest I just have way to many projects going on to finish them all and right priority dictates this one will go.

The body needs the rear half doors finished or a gate worked into it, rear floor is ready to be welded in and the gaps filled. The drivers side tail light was cut out of hidden hinge access and I was going to smooth out the body and then us different tail lights of un-known origin. Then just regular body work and paint. Their is no rust in this body at all. The frame needs front and rear shock mounts fab'd and the rear C4 four link bars copied out of thicker material. The ones I made were for geometry mock up only and not street use. Once I get things figured out for sure I will post in the for sale section but until them feel free to PM me if seriously interested with cash and a trailer as I will make it a roller with casters so it can be moved and transported.

The motor and trans will be going into LowBuk along with the new wiring harness and computer. The AccuAir will go into my son's 51 F1 that is currently manual fill and dump with a Co2 tank and it will get the CC out of LowBuk since the 5.3L going into it is Drive by Wire and has CC built in. Also the 700R4 in LowBuk will get adapted to the 351W in the F1. Then all the C4 suspension will get pulled and used in a new LFD coupe project that we are starting with the help of a custom build tubular DM by my buddy PorterBuilt.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 05-03-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #918
kev2809
low n' slo

wow....i hope you can work things out to keep this one. way to cool to let go. good luck man

ps..you should have no problem selling the body if you have to

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #919
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
wow....i hope you can work things out to keep this one. way to cool to let go. good luck man

ps..you should have no problem selling the body if you have to
It is not a matter of working things out or needing to sell it.
I have a lot of interests and finishing this one up from this point would be just like the rest I have done, the thinking part is over. With my personal projects it is never about the money but more the personal drive and interest and for me that is gone for this project. I have a new project in the works that has been occupying my thoughts every waking moment for some time now and I need to get it started. I also need to finish up other customer work that has been stacking up (Lemon Drop for one) and my shop is not big enough for everything.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #920
kev2809
low n' slo

i meant working things out as in making room to keep it...which is why i said if you "need" to sell it im sure you can.

so, any pics of the other project?

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #921
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

So in theory, someone could pick this up, bolt back in a drivetrain, suspension, and finish the odds and ends?
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #922
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
i meant working things out as in making room to keep it...which is why i said if you "need" to sell it im sure you can.

so, any pics of the other project?
No problem, and no their will not be any pics of the new project until it is ready to show. To many design firsts (I hope) and it will be a hand built body so I don't want the design to get out their until it is ready. This will be the new long term business for LFD so sorry but I am sure you all under stand, but trust me it will be the hardest thing for me not to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanidiot25 View Post
So in theory, someone could pick this up, bolt back in a drivetrain, suspension, and finish the odds and ends?
In theory yes. Even the wheels and tires my be available since it was all built around that size and fitment.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 05-03-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #923
Frizzle Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
...finishing this one up from this point would be just like the rest I have done, the thinking part is over.
That's what get's me every time. I love the challenge. Doing a mod on one side, then I have no interest in doing the other side. This is why I have to let things sit for a while and come back when inspiration strikes ...or maybe that's what I'm doing wrong

Good luck in your new project. I know you have the follow through when you want to as demonstrated by LowBuck. Can't wait to see your next creation!
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #924
suville

Sure wanted to see how you would have addressed the rear door/hatch mod.
suville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #925
pickup67man

If I hadn't started my own project I would have been interested in the tahoe. This has been my inspiration for my rare 1968 4 door Yukon XL. Now if I could only get back to the garage and work on it.

2005 K2500 Duramax (hauls the junk home)
1967 Chev C10 (hauls a$$)
1970 Suburban (Yukon XL 4 door)
1968 GMC 3/4 ton (sheetmetal only, chassis gone)
2005 Malibu (wife's car, still a Chevy)

Project Family Hauler

New Home for Chevys (Moved in and working)
pickup67man is offline   Reply With Quote