The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
duane18436572

Help with pricing on doors

I am brand new today on this forum. I have three pairs of doors for 47 to 53 Chevy trucks. I have them listed on craigslist. A lot of people hit me up for them. What should I price them to be reasonable?
duane18436572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
tiddlar

Re: Help with pricing on doors

thats a good question i have 4 total,, been too lazy to post them. two are in very good condition.. i don't know what to price them at either.
tiddlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
mr48chev

Re: Help with pricing on doors

Several factors just as with truck prices.

What condition the actual doors are in metal wise as far as rust, dents and what not.

Glass in place and usable or ?

Hardware in place and or usable?

I paid 30 for a pair of shells off the trailer as a guy was pulling out of a swap meet a few years ago that he had marked 30 each on. They were part of about 80.00 worth of pieces I got from him at the time though.

The last swap meet I went to I'd say most sellers were asking 75.00 for presentable and complete doors with really nice ones having a bit higher price. 150 each for a pair of super shiny black 48/50 doors with nice glass that looked like you could put on a freshly painted cab and feel good about it. Truly the nicest doors I've seen at a swap meet.

A local guy had a pair of ok AD doors on Craigslist for a long time for around 200 each hoping that 'one of those truck rubes" would make him rich. I don't know if he ever sold them though.

I'd think that and empty shell that is rust free is worth 50 minimum if all a guy has to do is take a few small dings out and start block sanding. From there it is how complete it is and how nice it is.

Add about 50% to the price if it is a 47/50 door with a good stainless rim around the window and a good stainless molding on the inside.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote