The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2005, 11:23 PM   #1
Sub-versive
Boss Hogg

Anyone have problems with newer Tahoes?

I am asking for reference to questions my brother-in-law is asking. He bought a 2004 Tahoe new in August, it has about 10K miles on it now. It recently lost function of the cd player, then the "brights" aversion feature on the rearview mirror, the dash and interior lights would dim and flicker, and now his tranny is mis-shifting. The rig has a 5.3L and auto tranny(not sure of exact model).
I told him he obviously has some electrical issues(oooh my favorite!), he is taking it to the stealership tomorrow. I am wondering has anyone else had any issues or hiccups with their vehicles? Are there any recalls or TSB's that you guys/gals have knowledge of?
Thank you in advance.
PK
Sub-versive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
Sublvr72
Account Suspended

no TSL's or recalls on the tahoe come to mind right now. I would take it into the delalership and have it all fixed under warranty. If they have to fix it more than 3 times look into an atourney for making the truck a lemon and get another one.
Sublvr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Sub-versive
Boss Hogg

I did some checking, there is one recall right now. It's for the brake booster, they are replacing the hydro-boost relief valve.
So anybody with a 2004 Tahoe please take note, because nobody notified my bro about it.
I told my brother-in-law about it before he took it in today, he also documented everything else that was giving problems, the dealer said no problem and gave him a rental. So we will see.
If his problems are electrical related, oh boy, those often require multiple "fishing" trips to the dealer. But it's in right now, and I'll post up after I find out what it is.
Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #4
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

The recall is simple, not all of em even need the boost valve. The CD player is common problem with those, I do a few a month... it sounds liek voltage supply issues *low voltage), but hard to say without looking too deep. Let me know wha tthey come up with and I'll see if their lying or not (I'm the electrical/trim/ac/corvette guy at hte local Chevy dealer)
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:07 AM   #5
Mudder

I keep getting an Errrr on my cd player????? Josh????
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:02 PM   #6
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Either a configuration issue, or the player went belly up..... I'll check for bulletins and diag chart at work tommorow.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:13 PM   #7
Sub-versive
Boss Hogg

Thanks Josh. He said that they replaced the CD player as if it was common.
He also told me that they "reprogrammed" the tranny.
They also told him the mirror was fine, and *poof* the mirror works correctly again(without explaining what the problem was).
He wasn't sure of anything else.
I'm not sure if they took care of the new seatbelt recall they announced today, but hey it ain't mine.
I asked him if they messed with the alternator or battery and he just shrugged. They did not volunteer anything and he didn't ask, so that's all I know.