The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
Electrix

Anyone buy the LMC Truck In-cab tank recently?

LMC Truck catalog says that their in-cab tank has a 1/4 NPT bung that can be used as an EFI return line.

If anyone has this tank could you post a pic of it and the return bung location please?

I called LMC several times but they can't answer. The office emailed the warehouse and the warehouse sent the wrong pics. I called back a few times but that's the only procedure they have to answer my question.

It's a shame that I have to resort to asking you guys for this. I don't really want to deal with this company anymore but they might have this tank that I need.
Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
Shinysideup

Re: Anyone buy the LMC Truck In-cab tank recently?

. [_____(O)_|_'|__}>-------[-_(O)__i'___i (O)-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
No thank you on that lifetime warranty. I don't want a turd for life.

Last edited by Shinysideup; 01-07-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Shinysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:41 AM   #3
davischevy

I would think you would be better off to physically go over to The Car and Truck Shop in Orange and look at a tank and save shipping.

The 72 only tank has a vent tube on the passenger side.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

I refuse to buy anything from LMC. I cringe when I see how many people actually think LMC is a good parts source.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #5
davischevy

A few years ago I was headed down to Cruisin The Coast, and at a pit stop somewhere in LA (Lower Arkansas) I noticed green liquid on the ground under the front of my truck.

My original radiator had given it up.

I had noticed LMC was one of the sponsors so I called them to see if they would bring me a radiator when they came down. The guy on the phone was not at all sympathetic to my predicament. I could order a radiator like everyone else and it would be home when I got there. Not only was my radiator leaking profusely, I was headed on south into Florida when I left CTC.

I called ahead and got a radiator at O"reilly and took LMC completely off my list of vendors.

That was back when O'reilly had radiators that were almost an exact reproduction of the original. Those days are gone too.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:41 PM   #6
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

Check the requirements of the fuel return from the manufacturer of the fuel injection system you want to use. I used a Sniper system and did not pay attention the return size requirement and had massive problems when idling. My Sniper system called for a 5/16 return...my fuel line return was 3/8 to the tank but my tank fuel sender had a 1/4 return. The excess fuel pressure caused by the restriction at the tank caused all kinds of problems.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
Jeff's72C10*

Smile Re: Anyone buy the LMC Truck In-cab tank recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinysideup View Post
Same tank I got last summer

69 SB CST - sold
72 Cheyenne Super LB - sold
Jeff's72C10* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:12 AM   #8
randy500
Account Suspended

Dumping return fuel in the top of the tank is dumb, geez do it right.....fuel injection is s a huge job and investment.

A return line is super simple. Solder a return line of the proper size into the sending unit, there is plenty of rooms drill and fit a line, you can solder it with a propane torch. Make the return line so that it dumps fuel low inside the tank for less splashing around.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #9
nightrider388

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
Dumping return fuel in the top of the tank is dumb, geez do it right.....fuel injection is s a huge job and investment.

A return line is super simple. Solder a return line of the proper size into the sending unit, there is plenty of rooms drill and fit a line, you can solder it with a propane torch. Make the return line so that it dumps fuel low inside the tank for less splashing around.
Will having the return in the fuel cause the tank to pressurize? I have seen different opinions on this.
nightrider388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #10
TheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
i refuse to buy anything from lmc. I cringe when i see how many people actually think lmc is a good parts source.
this!!
TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #11
jeffahart

I buy from LMC on occasion. You can most definitely get buy without using them if you hate them. But, you should get their catalog mailed to you if you don't have one, they can be a good resource regardless if you purchase the parts from them or not. There are a couple of the big supply houses I really hate. But you need to weigh price, quality, shipping and so on and take the emotion out of it.

Here's why!

I purchased from a small guy, and I got a box drop shipped from my sworn enemy... so much for my boycott! Wow! I really showed them, ended up paying a few bucks more only to get a box from a company I don't care to do business with!

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face!

j
Old 01-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #12
TheRocket

Jeff, that is the risk you take. What we know is, there are other suppliers out there who won't lie to you and give you the runaround. Classicheartbeat and GMCPauls will stand behind their products, even if they are drop shipped from LMC. I buy as much as I can from my local CARQUEST store because Jeff and Linda are honest, ethical and knowledgeable. If they can't get it I go to those business referenced above. I utilize LMC's website to research products and then buy them from an honest business like those above. LMC needs to realize that we don't have to buy from them. They are a very last resort for a lot of us.
TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote