The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #326
flashed

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

Very nice pics as usual ,I love traveling through your pics .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 AM   #327
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Great pics as usual! Bad news about the camera, but a good opportunity to get a better one maybe? Pawn shops? Hope you reported it. I hope the lowlife opens the back and gets electrocuted with 1.5 volts, or whatever they run on, or loses a finger to a malfunctioning battery door or something lol!. The old iron behind the shed looks interesting.

A MAN OF HONOR DOES NOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL, NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #328
dan42

You might keep an eye on Craigslist in the area it was taken, people are stupid enough to put stuff for sale that they have stolen. Looks like winter is finally loosening it's grip back there. Don't know how you guys do it, it would drive me crazy.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #329
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Thanks for another wonderful and educational trip...it's too bad about your mp3 and camera. ...I hate thieves.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #330
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Very nice pics as usual ,I love traveling through your pics .
Thanks, I like sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeZ View Post
Great pics as usual! Bad news about the camera, but a good opportunity to get a better one maybe? Pawn shops? Hope you reported it. I hope the lowlife opens the back and gets electrocuted with 1.5 volts, or whatever they run on, or loses a finger to a malfunctioning battery door or something lol!. The old iron behind the shed looks interesting.
I reported it. I doubt it will turn up, but like you said, opportunity to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan42 View Post
You might keep an eye on Craigslist in the area it was taken, people are stupid enough to put stuff for sale that they have stolen. Looks like winter is finally loosening it's grip back there. Don't know how you guys do it, it would drive me crazy.
I did check craigslist, no luck. Thanks for the reminder tho. Spring is coming and for those of us that deal with harsh winters, it never seems to come fast enough. Yesterday was 65f and sunny. Right now its 19f with a windchill of 2f. Good thing my daughters 1st softball game of the season was canceled. We can do it because it's all we know. Most of us grew up here and it's just the way it's always been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Thanks for another wonderful and educational trip...it's too bad about your mp3 and camera. ...I hate thieves.
You're welcome.

I don't have a lot to add from Omaha or Blair, but there was a cool old military truck in Blair that would be fun to play with.

Then I saw someone like me in Omaha, driving their old truck like it's supposed to be.

Once I got to the hotel, the wind was picking up. I had a room on the 4th floor looking south. You can see about a half mile, then the view is lost to the blowing dust.

Yesterday I came across this survivor. I call it that because to me it looks like at really hasn't been chopped up. Original motor and drive train. Other than the hood getting sliced the rest of the body looks original. Someone has a real nice start to a project here.

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #331
Indian113

HG, That looks familiar- here's mine
Attached Images

Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #332
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Thanks, I like sharing.

I reported it. I doubt it will turn up, but like you said, opportunity to upgrade.

I did check craigslist, no luck. Thanks for the reminder tho. Spring is coming and for those of us that deal with harsh winters, it never seems to come fast enough. Yesterday was 65f and sunny. Right now its 19f with a windchill of 2f. Good thing my daughters 1st softball game of the season was canceled. We can do it because it's all we know. Most of us grew up here and it's just the way it's always been.

You're welcome.

I don't have a lot to add from Omaha or Blair, but there was a cool old military truck in Blair that would be fun to play with.

Then I saw someone like me in Omaha, driving their old truck like it's supposed to be.

Once I got to the hotel, the wind was picking up. I had a room on the 4th floor looking south. You can see about a half mile, then the view is lost to the blowing dust.

Yesterday I came across this survivor. I call it that because to me it looks like at really hasn't been chopped up. Original motor and drive train. Other than the hood getting sliced the rest of the body looks original. Someone has a real nice start to a project here.

Here's Mugsy, he was behind my cabin when I bought it. A before and an after
Attached Images

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #333
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
HG, That looks familiar- here's mine
Thats very cool I came across another like it. Same color too. Crazy small world.

Quote:
Here's Mugsy, he was behind my cabin when I bought it. A before and an after
Mugsy looks awesome! Too big to be a billy goat but definitely looks at home in the mountains.

I have some random things to get posted up. I've put on a lot of miles lately but haven't had as much time to be a looky lou. But here's what I got.

I was at a hot dog plant. They say that you wouldn't eat another one once you have seen how they are made. I think you wouldn't eat one regardless if you get squeemish about where your meat comes from. But maybe this pic will change a few minds. LOL

The pink goo is turkey dog filling. Its just turkey meat fine ground with seasonings added. I prefer the skin on casing pork dogs myself. Ambassadors are my favorite. I'll eat those right out of the package. Good stuff.

And yes, I have been to plenty of pork production facilities. Including a bacon plant a couple weeks ago.

This rig is waaaaay more awesome than Mater...

Dig the snow chains on back.

Inside the feed drum of an old Bros water tube boiler.

Whats unique about this one is the riveted construction. Not welded.

My neighbors kid got his old square body out of the garage a week or so ago. I asked if it was for sale last year. They said no. It was a gardeners truck down in TX and had a topper on it since new. Pretty sweet truck.

This thing just looked like it would destroy anything in its path and makes me want it. Haha I have absolutely no use for it except to run things over. Can you picture it with the speed and power of a monster truck? AWESOME!

Dekalb seed truck being put to work for spring clean up.

Gangster car...

Chevy back hoe?

This was at a charity auction last weekend and I thought about adding it to my mess of stuff. 1975 Honda CB200T.

It sold for $350, which was almost twice what I was willing to pay. I hope the buyer has fun with it. Really too small for me, even for bopping around town.

Instead I bought this!

I started thinking about getting a bike last year. Partly as a cheap toy to work on, to modify, to ride. I wanted an older standard bike. I'm not a big fan of the harleys or other big bagger bikes. A crotch rocket isn't really my style either. My first motorcycle was a 1981 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD that I bought in Orlando in 1986 when I was in the navy for cheap transportation. My car I drove down sprung a massive rear main seal leak and I had no place to work on it, no tools, and not much money. So I bought the bike for $1100 and loved it.

Here I am 28 years later and found the exact same bike and got it for $750. Runs and drives great! Not gonna start tearing into it any time soon. Just wanna have it to ride when I can for now. Its kinda funny, I was a bit nervous taking it for a ride. I haven't been on a street bike in a decade at least. Rode the dirt bike around last June. But they talked me into taking it for a ride and after a block or 2 and going through the shifts a couple times I just smiled and headed for the highway. It fits me perfectly. I like how the bars feel and the sitting position. My old 1 had a header and I can see the exhaust as an upgrade rather soon, but it was astounding how much it felt just like my old one and how quickly I adjusted to it.

I think the cafe racer look is very cool but impractical for regular riding. Mainly cuz of the lack of a seat cushion. But the stripped down look I like, so maybe a bobber style is what I need. A chopper? No.

I really dig this bike...
Old 04-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #334
Low Elco

I like it! Enjoy the ride. Don't know if you get the Velocity channel, but they have a show called Cafe Racer TV that's pretty cool in the same vein.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #335
Indian113

The Kaw 750 LTD is a great all around bike. Plenty of power to ride on the highway and yet small enough to handle around town. Besides that they run like a scalded cat!!
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:08 AM   #336
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
I like it! Enjoy the ride. Don't know if you get the Velocity channel, but they have a show called Cafe Racer TV that's pretty cool in the same vein.
I've seen it. I follow that and a few others on twitter and fb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
The Kaw 750 LTD is a great all around bike. Plenty of power to ride on the highway and yet small enough to handle around town. Besides that they run like a scalded cat!!
Exactly!

Today I was back in Zumbrota where this thing was...

The owner was around this time. The olds belongs to his brother. They both are into RX7's and we might work out some kind of trade. I don't know. I took a closer look and the floor is gone. Glass is bad. To make it anything like I imagine it would be a ton of work and a pile of money. I guess it depends on what the owner values it at. I have no place to put another project at the moment. At least the RX is licensed, insured and driveable.

I will get more pics up another time. They had a couple cool projects inside I can share.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #337
Ol Blue K20

Thanks HG, Mugsy is a beast but is fun. My first street bike was a KZ 650 and the second was a KZ 900. Now it's a bagger Harley, it's great for the long rides. I'm leaving Friday on a1000 mile putt with my girlfriend and some friends.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 04-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #338
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Thanks HG, Mugsy is a beast but is fun. My first street bike was a KZ 650 and the second was a KZ 900. Now it's a bagger Harley, it's great for the long rides. I'm leaving Friday on a1000 mile putt with my girlfriend and some friends.
Have a great trip! Take pics and share what you find. When I say I'm not a fan of the big bikes I mean that it's just not what I want for my usage. I've seen some great bikes outfitted to haul ass for long distances and maybe some day I'll go that route. But that's kinda what my Jimmy is for.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #339
Ol Blue K20

Thanks HG, I'll try to take some pics. I also understand about the big bikes, never wanted one until my buddy bought one and I rode it.....two weeks later I bought one. I pumped it up a lot and now it has 95,000 miles and still love it. When I'm at the cabin I'll take some pics of the stamp mill boiler and the compressed air tank from the gold rush era they are both riveted construction.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #340
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

You make it back alive Dale?

Here's some of what I came across the past week or so. More pics of the Olds...

The glass is pretty much all bad. The wipers are still there, and it has the spot light.

I like the pedals...

Driver side floor. Not pretty. The rest of the floor isn't much better.

About the only positive things I can pull from this pic is that some of the side panels are there and so are the bumpers.

Surprisingly the trim is intact. The rear section of the fender, which is part of the door, was welded to the front section of the fender, which means the door doesn't open. Genius.

Antique suspension, ready for bags.

Dash is mostly intact also.

It has some promise. Not sure its for me, but if I did build a fat fender car, this is the body style I would go with. I would try to find a modern chassis to drop the body onto. Like a late 90's impala SS, or a cop car.

In the shop where this car is the owner showed me some of their current projects. First was this Triumph GT6. He claims only a couple hundred were ever imported into the states and he has 2 of them. I like it better than most other triumphs or other brittish sports cars I've seen. Inline 6 rather than the typical 4. This was done not because they really wanted to make a powerful car, but because the GT body was too heavy for the 4 banger they had.

The owner is really into mustangs though. There were probably a dozen around the yard. I cuts the roof off every fastback he can get that isn't restorable cuz of rust or whatever, and will swap it onto coupes to increase value. Inside he was working on a couple. One is a Shelby he is restoring.

This truck belongs to the guy I bought my bike from. He got a great deal on it a couple years ago. He likes my RX, maybe I should talk to him about a trade.

A shot of all my junk at once...

Yesterday on my way home from Waterloo, IA I decided to pull off the highway for a closer look at some trucks I have been driving past the last couple years. The kid (20 sumthin) answered the door in his boxers which was a little awkward, but he said it was ok to look around (not his boxers), so I did. The main attraction was this GMC K2500.

Its got some dents that would be easy to pop out, minor rust, but a nice truck.

Some other stuff around the place...

Parts truck he said he would sell. Kinda rough.

But it has a somewhat rare 69 dark turquoise interior.

Almost home now. There is a shop in New Ulm called Show Cars that specializes in old Chevy 409's and there are a few cars out front. These are far from show cars, just interesting old iron.

For Low Elco...

Thats it for today. Sorry for the poor image quality. My blackberry is not a great camera phone and I haven't replaced my stolen Sony yet.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #341
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

That Triumph GT6 wasn't very common but I'm pretty sure they sold more than a couple hundred here. I've seen several and bought a new '72 (if memory serves) in 1973. Decent, fun little car but needed A/C.... got rid of it because I had too many cars and it was too small for my growing family. Owned it for about 5 years and it was still pristine when I traded it in.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #342
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
That Triumph GT6 wasn't very common but I'm pretty sure they sold more than a couple hundred here. I've seen several and bought a new '72 (if memory serves) in 1973. Decent, fun little car but needed A/C.... got rid of it because I had too many cars and it was too small for my growing family. Owned it for about 5 years and it was still pristine when I traded it in.
Maybe he was talking about his specific set up. Idk. His words not mine. I'd rather have a 240z or cobra kit car myself. Or 1of the fastback mustangs he had.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #343
Ol Blue K20

Yes HG, I made it home. 1000 mi ride and the first 300 in a downpour. Drought in Cali, not last Friday. ....lol

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 04-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #344
Ta2Don

Again, thanks for the photo journalism...

I may not be Low Elco, but that 66 Elky is sweet, definite diamond in the rough...
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #345
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Yes HG, I made it home. 1000 mi ride and the first 300 in a downpour. Drought in Cali, not last Friday. ....lol
Isn't having rain at the beginning better than the end? Time to blow dry as you cruise! Got pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Again, thanks for the photo journalism...

I may not be Low Elco, but that 66 Elky is sweet, definite diamond in the rough...
Photo journalism? A bit of a stretch there but you're welcome. The Elco is far far away from a diamond. Those pics are it's "good side".

I took a bunch of pics today. Not sure when I will get them loaded but just a bunch more old iron and maybe a short story.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #346
meatwagon83

i love those 58 chevys, and i own a 66 chevelle so i guess you know how i feel about the elky!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #347
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I'm going to at least get a start on some of the pics from today. This first set is a car that was sitting in front of a pawn shop in Willmar. The pawn shop owner is just letting the car owner park it there. It is for sale. $1000, has an engine but it doesn't run.

One of those cars that looks like the ends could be reversed and you wouldn't really notice. Which is even more like that than most since the rear doors are suicides.

Pawn shop guy said people call it the corn picker. Cuz the front end is shaped like a corn head for a combine.

Looking at these pics again I just imagined if the front of the hood was grafted into the trunk lid it would look like it was rocket powered. If it was mine I would look at that body mod seriously.

When I spotted this in Spicer I thought, "Hmmm, all thats missing is the mullet."

Flat tire on cragars. Perfect.

This was right around the corner from the camaro. I was kinda hoping it had a for sale sign in it.

I saw this in Olivia this morning as I was rolling through. There is a transmission shop at the intersection of Hwy 71 and 212 and there is usually some cool car parked there. A couple years ago there was a 67 or 68 firebird there for sale that I was seriously considering to add to my collection.

This was behind an apartment building about 100 yards from the tranny shop. Looks like someones drag car. No engine, but has the bigs n littles. Looks like a solid car. Needs a little tlc.

Well thats a start. Still have a bunch more. Later everyone.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #348
Low Elco

Mmmmm, El Cameeeennnnoooooo..... Thanks! '69 and '70 are my favorite, I've owned an '82 and a real nice '86. Good pics!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #349
rambler
MOVE OVER

that Studebaker looks worth it for a grand...
Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #350
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
When I spotted this in Spicer I thought, "Hmmm, all thats missing is the mullet."

Mine was an 89 IROCZ, pristine and factory (appearing), no mullet. Same blue and black, grey leather, plus plus plus. Wish I still had it, and don't care what they think. Stereotype away, they deserved it LOL!

A MAN OF HONOR DOES NOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL, NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote