The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2014, 02:49 AM   #1
LS-K

Help with shock length!!

I've got an '82 SWB K10. It's sitting on 33's with 15x10 wheels. So you get an good idea, I have no issues with tire rub anywhere in the tire wells. My tire to well gap is about a good 12".

The shlocks I'm replacing when extended measure 21" for the front and 27" in the rear. These two measurements seem a bit off, to me it sounds as if this truck had incorrect length shocks when I got it.

If anyone out there has a similar set up, can you please help me out with what length youre running in both front and rear? Or if anyone with a good knowledge on suspension height and shock length relation is out there please help.

I was never told this truck was lifted when I bought it, but in my best opinion, it looks to have a 4"-6" lift. I'll post pics of it tomorrow so everyone has a better idea.

Thanks for the help in advance.
LS-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Lee H

Re: Help with shock length!!

There are many sites on the web that walk you though measuring your vehicle for shocks. Once you know your trucks measurement you can get the correct shocks.

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote