The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
nonstop

Radio Help

Hey guys,

So let me start with this - I suck at electronics! With that, I have my factory AM/FM cassette in my truck (1985 Delco 2700). Looks great and WAS working, although it would not work from time to time.

Now onto the latest. The radio stopped working after sitting a week or 2. The light works, and I can turn it on and off, and when I do, I hear the slightest crackle out of the speakers, then no music. Nothing on AM or FM, the tape player doesn’t work now, nor does the fast forward or reverse. Neither the tape light nor stereo light come on when they are supposed to. I pulled the radio and hosed it down with electronics cleaner to no avail. I saw nothing obvious (but with electronics I know that can be subjective).

Would anyone have any suggestions where to start or tests I can do? I’m sure it can be saved, I was just hoping to try to fix it before throwing in the towel and bringing it to a radio shop.

Thanks,

Nick
nonstop is offline   Reply With Quote