The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
jeffs56

Auto cross 56 Chevy truck

Hey guys I’m finally on track with my 56 Chevy truck. I got some info from you guys. On mustang 2 style or Camaro Clip. Well I brought my camaro frame home the other day and did some measurements and we loaded it back on the trailer and brought my stock frame home lol. My stock frame has the dropped axle and leaf springs. My first thought was to add power steering and discs brakes and run that. But there’s a lot of mixed reviews there. I’ve never driven it so I’m not sure how it will ride. I’ve talked to several people that have them and they love it. Well I want to set this truck up to be able to go anywhere and wherever. My main goal is handling. My kids love to go fast so I would like to have the truck handle in the corners. My thought is the dropped axle and springs will not do that. Is there a kit that i showed go with that will make this happen. I’m on a budget because of the previous builder stealing everything from me so bare with me there. I’ve also been told if I go the mustang 2 route I don’t want the 3 piece crossmember. The crossmember and hats on each side, 3 piece. I was told to go with a 1 piece style. Please help with any info. Thanks again
jeffs56 is offline   Reply With Quote