The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
TexasLS1

Brake Line vendors?

Does anyone sell individual steel brake line replacements for our trucks? All I can find are complete kits...

Here's some background - I'm doing the drop on the front, and adding longer brake hoses for the calipers. I cannot get the driver side fitting loose from the hose, and I know I'm going to damage the fitting to get it off. I dont' think I can go to the local parts store bc the fittings on the driver side steel line are different sizes, and I really don't want to have to buy a complete set of steel lines just to replace one. Any ideas?? It's the steel line that runs from the rubber hose, back over the top of the crossmember toward the cab, where it joins a "T" junction block, overall it's about 18" long IIRC (I can add pics later if necessary).

I may have to buy the whole kit, or maybe piece it together at the local parts house if they have the right fittings, but hoping there's another solution out there...
TexasLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
mej005

Re: Brake Line vendors?

I used inlinetube when I changed all my metal lines. They also sold individual lines or kits for the rear, front, etc. I was happy with what I got from them.
mej005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
TexasLS1

I used their rear cables - they are awesome. I looked at their site, but it looked like they only sold sets. I'll give them a call, I shoulda just done that in the first place. Thanks!
TexasLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
mej005

I know for my 81 you could by the whole set of metal lines all 8 or 9 of them or you could by the two lines for the front brakes or the lines that ran down the frame rail, etc. I don't think you could just order the front driverside line though, you had to buy the pair at least.
mej005 is offline   Reply With Quote