The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #1
98Murray

Heavy Duty 5 Link

Hi all. I have a 1997 Chevy 3500 2WD setup for hauling. She squats pretty bad with a good load, I've had the front end hopping a good time or two. I need to beef up the rear. I am not a big fan of the air bags that just sit between the leaf pack and frame. I'm sure they work good but I am interested in something more, something like a heavy duty 4 or 5 link found on heavier spec trucks. I could not find a kit made by anyone for this old thing, so I am wondering what system could be easily modified to fit? They do have kits for later 3500s and also for Ford Superdutys. Also Econolines and medium duty trucks of course. Likely I will be looking for something used though, just need to know what to look for. What other trucks out there are very similar to the GMT400 models? In frame width, height, axle, etc? If anyone can give me a little guidance and advice that would be great! Thanks!!
98Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:14 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: Heavy Duty 5 Link

All i can think of is thicker leaf springs or maybe air shocks.Pretty much all link kit i know of for the truck is air bags.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote