The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #51
blazed870

Re: First Time Bagger.... trying to cup LCA's

Got up early(12:30 pm) again today to work on the truck before work. Got the airlines all hooked up and hooked my dad's 80 gallon compressor into my 2.5 gallon tank. Played with that for about an hour. I have sat in bagged trucks and seen plenty of them in my town, but something about having air suspension on your own truck for the first time is FREAKING cool. I really like the speed(slow) of the 1/4" setup. It makes it easy for me to control. That's the good news.

The bad news is, I noticed my rear passenger side bag has an air leak somewhere. I ran out of time before coming to work and I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled in the morning when I get off work, so I probably won't be getting much/anything done tomorrow. Plan on hitting it hard Thursday morning and finding that damn leak with the old soapy water and then attempting the wiring on the compressor.

My plans are to have it completely done by Sunday: wire compressor, determine which shocks I need, try to align it as much as possible at ride height, get panhard bar set for ride height, put the bed back on......which realistically means I will probably have it completely done in at least another week. Haha

Last edited by blazed870; 04-12-2011 at 09:29 PM.
blazed870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #52
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

wait till you rollup along side a Zipper car and your eye level!!! then it will really kick in!!

probally the screw in fitting in the top of the bag...its naver the eas places to get to..

a guess will be about 40lbs up front and 35 out back for your height
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #53
blazed870

That was the exact fitting I think it is. That damn thing was a son of a gun to try to tighten.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #54
blazed870

It rides great. I noticed I like the front with about 45-50 psi and back around 40-45 psi. I have one leak on the driver rear. It is coming out of the T fitting right behind my gauges. The side pics show my truck with the old wheels, they are Boyd's 17's but one has a bad crack in it. I'm running the truck rally's, 10's in the back, 6.5's up front. I will post a few more pics once I get my wheels finished off showing ride height and all the way up. I would like to say thanks to all of you that have really helped me out.

Hottrucks, can you tell me your tricks for doing an alignment?
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #55
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

buy enough shims to add 3/8" to each stud on your upper control arm..this will get you close on your camber assuming it was correct to start........your toe should be good but you can check it buy measering from tread to tread ( using the same spot for referance) as high as you can without hitting the frame ...across the front of the tires and again on the rear..there should be 1/8" to 1/4" less in front

glad you like it how about a layed out pic.....I dig the Boyds...you should check into having it welded...........

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Old 04-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #56
blazed870

yeah, I liked the Boyds too. They have that big crack on them, the offset and backspacing isn't where I wanted it, and I am missing a center cap and have had no luck locating one.

The layed out pics will come as soon as I get my beauty rings, lugnuts, cener caps on. Hopefully this week.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #57
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Just say'n but my plate hangs under the light by a few chain links........funny part is it drags hard when I'm layed out but not at ride height??.........kinda a poor mans height indicactor....but it is lit officer!!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #58
67c10rustbuket

My experience with a blown bag ( it was a melted hose on exh manifold ) was not catastrophic i was at a red light luckily. and the police man was nice enough to let me borrow his jack and replace the hose instead of having me towed. If i were on the highway I would have crashed. But my truck laid frame all the way around some people are bagging their truck low but not on the ground so they may not be so catastophic, dependant on speed .. the other major factor is if you have an individual valve setup or the front two are connected to one valve. if both bags on the front are connected to 1 valve they both go down. if you have individual control of each bag you can pump the opposing bag up and limp it home. also if you were cool enough to remove the sway bar like me you will have a wicked lean , if you leave the sway bar on it will try to keep the control arms at the same level it will lean only a few inches.
Your truck looks pretty slick, my only advice is please buy a bigger tank (or just add another one the same)2.5 gallon may be good for the rear but not the front and definately not the whole truck. my first setup i used a 3 gallon on an s10 and i would have to lift the front, wait on the comp to fill the tank back up, then lift the front again so i could turn my wheels. a 5 or 6 gallon is enough air to keep most people happy. Keep up the progress lookin good!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #59
doubleRdazz

your truck looks great, you did a really good job

its cool that it was your first time, im in the same boat now
Posted via Mobile Device
doubleRdazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #60
209jose71

nice truck cant wait tell i bag mine going to start buy parts soon
209jose71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #61
mxjunkie80

What back spacing is your 10" rally wheel?
Truck looks great btw!
mxjunkie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #62
70blackfish

how is that lowered truck doing?
Old 05-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #63
made2drag

no laid out pics? it's been plenty of time for pics....LOL
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote